Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2006 4:37:59 PM EDT
I was just at my local dealer.  Back in December a Smith 629 was $608.  Now its $670.  A Super Blackhawk Hunter was $485, now $528.  He has a Super Redhawk left over from last year for $564.  If he orders one from the distributer now, he said "well over $600. "  I called around and he is cheaper than the other local shops.  WTF is going on?  
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:49:43 PM EDT
[#1]
prices around here are pretty much the same for guns....
its ammo thats been going up
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:54:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Alphaghost, don't even get me started on the ammo.  I blew the dust off the reloader last week after two years.  I almost forgot how to use it.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:58:08 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Alphaghost, don't even get me started on the ammo.  I blew the dust off the reloader last week after two years.  I almost forgot how to use it.  

--i need to do the same....not only has the ammo gone up, but i cant find some of it (7.62x39, WWB .223, etc) anywhere
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:41:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I haven't bought a gun recently, but my last gun I bought was a NIB SS S&W 696 5-shot 44spl way back in Nov 2000.  I paid $450 exc tax & DROS.  Today, I just looked on Gunsamerica.com and one was sold for $650.  That is $200 difference in 5 years.  The selling price for new guns have probably increase more in Calif because various gun laws enacted since I bought mine.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:26:01 PM EDT
[#5]
We usually see price increases around Feb/March.  Seems to be the fiscal year ending for lots of gun manufacturers.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:38:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Everytime I've been to a gun store in the last year there has almost been a line out the door of people buying guns, all day long.

The demand is also up I would venture, so they're cashing in.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:38:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
prices around here are pretty much the same for guns....
its ammo thats been going up

+1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top