Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/24/2005 8:25:06 AM EDT
I am not an affiliated with summitgunbroker.com but I know a good buy when I see one. They are offering a presale on the sig p220r's for only $475. Here is the linkClick Here What do you guys think of this deal?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:57:34 AM EDT
I'd probably take a good look at CDNN Investments.com and check out their deal. It's a 220 for $369. One mag, no rail. But instock.
So far everyone's had good luck with CDNN's sigs.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:38:39 AM EDT
That "deal" was posted several months ago and the buddy I have at work that contacted them never has heard a word further from them. If it sounds too good to be true.............
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:09:02 PM EDT
Yeah I made a post about that when I found it on gunsamerica. I've talked to the guy on the phone, he's local to me. The guns are barely used police trade in's, and the process of aquiring replacements is taking longer than what he thought. I'm on the list for when they do come in. I don't mind waiting, thats a hell of a good price.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:17:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By drew5337:
Yeah I made a post about that when I found it on gunsamerica. I've talked to the guy on the phone, he's local to me. The guns are barely used police trade in's, and the process of aquiring replacements is taking longer than what he thought. I'm on the list for when they do come in. I don't mind waiting, thats a hell of a good price.

Agree, mostly considering that CDDN unfortunately doesn't sale anything to CA resident
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:04:18 AM EDT
I would rather purchase a CPO (Certified Preowned) because they are used Sigs that come with a one year warranty. I would by a non-CPO but it would have to come from a reputable dealer or someone I know. Try Ordnance Outsellers. They have a good rep for having top notch weapons. If they have something in, James can get it for you. Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:11:27 AM EDT
tag

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:34:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/25/2005 3:35:20 PM EDT by stangboy555]

Originally Posted By USARules:
I would rather purchase a CPO (Certified Preowned) because they are used Sigs that come with a one year warranty. I would by a non-CPO but it would have to come from a reputable dealer or someone I know. Try Ordnance Outsellers. They have a good rep for having top notch weapons. If they have something in, James can get it for you. Good luck.

Yep, that'd be the way to go, I bought a P226TT from CDNN a few months back, it was a nice sig at a good price but the wear was a bit much for me. This time around I'm going the CPO route, Sig refinished and wrrantied beats just getting a trade in.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:13:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/30/2005 8:21:44 AM EDT by Teknic]
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:23:03 PM EDT
CPO are marked with the blue sigarms wraparound sticker on the gun, correct? The 230 I got from CDNN was one of those.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:42:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/30/2005 7:43:49 PM EDT by OBird]

+1

Ordnance Outsellers is awesome. When I ordered my CPO P229, they happened to be updating their computer system (or something like that), so they couldn't use their normal computer method and just wrote down my order. Because of this, there was a little mix-up and it took a week or two longer than expected. When I called and asked if something was wrong, James was very helpful and immediately told me he'd install FREE NIGHT SIGHTS just for the inconvenience! I was really really happy when I got it, it came with two factory SIG 12-rounders and factory red plastic case, and the thing looked brand spankin' new.

I would bet they are the best SIG seller on the net. Basically new, factory inspected Sig 229 with night sights, case, bumper sticker, and two factory high caps for $465 (w/out shipping). That's a deal if I ever saw one.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:47:54 PM EDT
Are these the guns that Henrico County ditched. I was told the'd be going to those Summit fellas, but havent heard much since.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:32:33 PM EDT
Another shout for James at Ordnance Outsellers.

SIG 226R .40 was almost nib. AFAIK, it had never been shot. The packing grease/film was still on the barrel with almost zero smilies. Only a couple of blems that were quickly take care of with a black magic marker (some Birchwood Aluminum Black on the way). Deal included two 12 rd. mags (leo label), two blue SIG stickers, blue cable lock, 1 year warranty paperwork, and blue SIG CPO paper band around handle.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:13:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Teknic:
CDNN is a hit and miss. Sometimes, you can get a near new piece but most of the time, it's just a trade in unit that's seen some use. The CPOs look mew for the most part. You will not be disappointed with CPOs. BTW, I'll gladly beat any of James' prices on OO for any ARFCOM member on any of the SIGs I carry. Help support the dealers on ARFCOM!

PS. I have some almost new (Dept Tested - most of them have less than 50 rounds shot) comes with blue box P220 with Rails coming this week. Prices will be more than $475 but it will clearly be marked to move. I'll post details on EE when available.

Teknic, I'm already going to jump on that two-barreled P226 deal you have going, quit tempting me with more!! I'm getting my P220R from Mark at Summit because a. its cheap as hell, and b. I can look before buying, as he is local to me. If they look like shit, or if I have to wait another two months, I'll come see you about one.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:22:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/11/2005 8:34:13 AM EDT by Teknic]
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 6:35:09 PM EDT
<sigh> someday....someday soon I hope
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:10:10 PM EDT

CPO Sigs are nice but I've sent in used Sigs for repairs and expected to pay for repairs
and have never been charged for them. Most recently I sent in a used P229 that the
ejector fell out of and they repaired it N/C. One of the many reasons I continue to
shoot and buy Sigs!
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:38:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By drew5337:
Teknic, I'm already going to jump on that two-barreled P226 deal you have going, quit tempting me with more!! I'm getting my P220R from Mark at Summit because a. its cheap as hell, and b. I can look before buying, as he is local to me. If they look like shit, or if I have to wait another two months, I'll come see you about one.

Sounds great. Sumit pricing is UNREAL!! If I had access to him locally, I'd buy a ton of it from him. The ones I got in look almost new. These P220Rs are awesome. Here's a picture of the one's I'm selling.

home.comcast.net/~tactical.solutions/p220.jpg
home.comcast.net/~tactical.solutions/p220b.jpg

And folks, those appear to be NITRON P220 ST's, which is a different game from the alloy frame P220R. Awesome guns both, but the all stainless P220ST is one amazing piece.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:43:23 PM EDT
Different game how, is the Nitron steel?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:47:14 PM EDT
P220R's have an alloy frame and a stainless steel slide, which is finished in Nitron, a very tough black finish. P220ST's are all stainless, and usually silver in color. Not a common thing to see an all nirton sig of any model, though they are very desirable to many.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:53:33 PM EDT
Gotcha....thanks
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:58:30 PM EDT
Maybe next year <sigh>
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:05:18 AM EDT

CDNN is a hit and miss. Sometimes, you can get a near new piece but most of the time, it's just a trade in unit that's seen some use. The CPOs look mew for the most part. You will not be disappointed with CPOs. BTW, I'll gladly beat any of James' prices on OO for any ARFCOM member on any of the SIGs I carry. Help support the dealers on ARFCOM!

PS. I have some almost new (Dept Tested - most of them have less than 50 rounds shot) comes with blue box P220 with Rails coming this week. Prices will be more than $475 but it will clearly be marked to move. I'll post details on EE when available.

Did you get them yet?
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:36:12 PM EDT
Just heard that CDNN got a few P220R's with night sights for $479. I am thinking that there are a LOT of these going to hit before too long.
Top Top