Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/11/2006 5:13:37 PM EDT
JENTRA OVERTRAVEL STOP . Is there anything out there that can get rid of the slop on the triger, meaning the 1/2 in pull before you get any presure on the trigger. I am fine with the way it is, just wondering. I am always looking to tweek on my toys a little. Do you glock pros recomend and internal parts changes.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:18:23 PM EDT
I haven't but feel the need to say, the one way to screw up a good gun is dicking with it.

Just MHO.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:35:33 PM EDT
I know of a Ghost Trigger from Brownell's that has the over travel stop that went into a Glock 21. After filing it down quite a bit to get the weapon to function, the thing worked great. Absolutely no over travel.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:17:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/11/2006 6:18:09 PM EDT by The_Lynch_Family]
You are absolutely correct. This is my carry gun. I dont want to screw it up in anyway. A part that screws on makes me wonder. If you are changing out a whole part it may be a different story, maybe? OPINIONS anyone

Originally Posted By Dusty_C:
I haven't but feel the need to say, the one way to screw up a good gun is dicking with it.

Just MHO.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:07:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By The_Lynch_Family:
.....meaning the 1/2 in pull before you get any presure on the trigger.

Basically, no. The Pre-travel is there to disengage the trigger safety and the firing pin safety. The Jentra clamps on to the trigger bar so you can adjust it to get rid of the "over travel". This movement in the trigger is after the gun fires or releases the firing pin. The Ghost does the same thing except at a different place inside the gun.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:54:28 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Dusty_C:

Just MHO.

+1

As they say "...don't fix what ain't broke."
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:11:37 PM EDT

Originally Posted By The_Lynch_Family:
JENTRA OVERTRAVEL STOP .....

I attempted to put one in a customer's gun earlier this week (he brought the JENTRA in to the shop). After fitting it per the instructions that little aluminum part was so thin that tightening its set screw caused the device to spring open and come loose. We were not impressed and he decided to scrap the JENTRA idea.

Even if it had of stayed in place I'm not sure I'd want an extra part inside the gun that could come loose at an inopportune moment.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:15:09 AM EDT
Dont do it
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:55:38 AM EDT
Other than changing sights, I would not mess with anything else on a carry Glock. I am however going to try Lone Wolf's overtravel stop for my G;ock 34...It is only used for steel plate shooting.
Top Top