Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/24/2004 10:21:23 AM EST
Has any one used the Scherer Replacement Mag Tube for a Glock 21 ?
If so, what were the results ?? Send info to: lrogersid@cableone.net

Link Posted: 7/24/2004 6:38:00 PM EST
I have used the Scherrer replacement mag bodies in Glock 22 and 35. I use Glock followers and Wolff extra power springs. Never a problem, they run just like the factory mags. I got them from Brownell's and they were cheaper than most places but I would wait until the AWB sunsets and get factory mags. They will be less expensive.
Link Posted: 7/24/2004 6:40:43 PM EST
I've used the .40S&W ones in a Glock 32. I had to trim genuine Glock followers a little to allow them to travel high enough in the mag tube to engage the slide catch. After that they were 100% reliable.
Link Posted: 7/26/2004 6:53:38 AM EST
Add 1, I've tried the replacements from Scherer for the G22. (Sorry, it's appears you'll need to be the G21 gopher) Overall, I'm satisfied with their performance.

I did not need to do any follower trimming as others have experienced. The witness holes were clean and the inside of the tube was smooth. Can't recall having a single malfunction in over several hundred rounds of firing. YMMV.

Sly
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:16:37 PM EST
I bought a couple bodies when they first came out. There were NOT drop free, and felt flimsy. They were hard to load, and not 100% reliable. I returned them.
Top Top