Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2004 7:50:41 AM EDT
What is the best type of finish for corrosion resistance?  Durability is important also.  I'm looking for a decent price as well.  Have any ideas of who to look up for this type of service?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 8:13:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Hard Chrome it!

The most durable and one of the cheapest commercial finishes....www.mahovskysmetalife.com
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 8:14:37 AM EDT
[#2]
www.apwcogan.com

I second the Hardchrome.  Go matte or brushed.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 8:27:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll agree that hardchrome is incredibly durable and easy to clean, but damn! Everything in chrome looks like a pimp gun! Bling! Very Lorcin-esque.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 1:26:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'll agree that hardchrome is incredibly durable and easy to clean, but damn! Everything in chrome looks like a pimp gun! Bling! Very Lorcin-esque.

Go matte or brushed - no Bling!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:08:10 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Hard Chrome it!

The most durable and one of the cheapest commercial finishes....www.mahovskysmetalife.com

Very resonable on prices.  Had a Sig slide and internals done by them and it is well done.  Nice people to talk to also!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:37:07 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
www.apwcogan.com

I second the Hardchrome.  Go matte or brushed.

I had AP&W hard chrome my old Beretta 92 and put new night sights on it. The pistol turned out amazing. I have had many offers to buy that pistol thanks to the quality of the finish. They have great customer service and the quality of their finish is second to none.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:45:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the suggestions.  Does anyone have any experience with Tripp Research?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:50:15 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Thanks for the suggestions.  Does anyone have any experience with Tripp Research?

Tripp is the best...or was.  Is Virgil back doing finishes???  He stopped to manuf/sell his (Impressive and EXPENSIVE) 1911 mags.  He's is/was a bit more expensive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top