Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 12/18/2003 7:03:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/18/2003 7:06:28 AM EDT by cp36327]
My agency has recently approved several .45's for patrol use. I am debating over three different choices: Kimber Ten II, H&K USP, and Para-Ordnance LDA 14.45.

I would appriciate any input if you carry any of these for patrol, or if you would not and why ?
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 9:31:56 AM EDT
Get the USP.  I have two different ones - my experiences have only been positive.  Lightweight, reliable, accurate.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 10:53:31 AM EDT
I have shot the full sized Kimber Ten II and own an Ultra Ten II...both excellent guns. I also have both a full size and compact USP in .45 My old agency recently issued H&K USP's in .45 and is very happy with them...they use the LEM (Law Enforcement Module) triggers...no problems at all for a year or so now.

Me personally, I would probably go for the Kimber because I have carried and shot SA 1911 type autos all my life...or at least for most of the past 40 years...and I am very comfortable with them. For agency-wide use, the H&K...especially with the LEM...makes much more sense and, across the board, will be a more reliable gun for service work with most cops. (And, remember, the H&K has the rail for mounting goodies...the others do not)

I am not a big fan of the Paras in general, although I had a P14 built that I liked very much. I would stay with the Kimber or H&K.

Just my $.02 worth.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 11:55:15 AM EDT
I am a 1911 kind of guy - have 5 of them from Colt, Kimber and Springfield. But if I had to carry on duty, it would be a USP w/night sites.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 6:58:23 AM EDT
Thanks one and all for the input. I'm going to go with the USP.
Page Handguns » H&K
Top Top