Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2010 4:11:05 PM EDT
This would be my first H&K.

It is a very lightly used, clean, full sized USP .40 Var.1 with six thirteen-round magazines, plus all the original case/lock/manual etc. The date code makes it a 2007.

All my other pistols are .45, but I like the idea of something between .45 and 9mm for a number of reasons.

They are asking $450 for everything.

This seems like a pretty good deal to me, but I've never payed any attention to the used H&K market.

Two general USP questions:

1 - How are the factory sights? Would I need to consider adjustables or other aftermarkets right away?

2 - I  see some trigger complaints - How is the match trigger? Worth it? Easy to install or easy to find someone to install it?

Thank you for your input; please be kind,
affesaft

Link Posted: 10/24/2010 4:23:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/24/2010 4:23:57 PM EDT by SIG-shooter]
I love USPs especially .40s

The sights are fine I prefer nite sights if they dont have 'em though

The trigger isnt great but plenty manageable I dont know anything about HKs match triggers
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 5:44:28 AM EDT
The match trigger works better for me.
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 5:59:53 AM EDT
Get it.

Don't worry about the trigger, just start putting rounds through her.

The only sights you should get are Trijicon's. I have them on both my USP 9 and USPC 40/357Sig

Link Posted: 10/25/2010 8:30:41 AM EDT
Good deal!  That's what I have into my beater lefty decock only with four magazines and holster––and mine's a 1994 with burnt out night sights and plenty of wear and tear.

Totally a "buy now".  I really like my USP.
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 12:10:18 PM EDT
Buy it. You won't be sorry. If you don't buy IM me and I'll buy it, I'm looking for another one.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:04:10 AM EDT
I'd have already bought it. That is a great deal, in my book.

I have no complaints with the factory sites, save that they don't glow. They do what they're supposed to and are easy for me to pick up.

Personally, I have no complaints with the trigger, either, but I'm not very picky about triggers. To me, it's not quite as good as a decent 1911 trigger, but not different enough to bother me. I'd shoot it to see what you think. I've never send a gun out for trigger work and I won't be starting on my USPc.

The ONLY complaint I have with my USPc is that mags are pricey. Other than that, I'm completely sold on the platform.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 8:29:15 AM EDT
I would buy that in a heartbeat. That's a great price.

I have been shooting three dot night sights my whole life. I actually prefer them over others. Even in competition I run them. Works for me.

If you decide you want the match trigger and you're in Austin, I can install it for you. PM me if you're interested.

Doc
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 6:09:00 AM EDT
Buy it.  I have a USP40.  Mine was lightly used too.  I love it!!!!  Use it as one of my ccw pieces.  Mine is a V1 DA/SA that can be carried cocked/locked.

These are very accurate pistols.  DA to SA transition can be a little getting used to but no biggie.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 6:50:31 AM EDT
Thanks for your input, everyone; got it, shot it, .

Looks like I'll need lots of practice - I was hitting pretty low.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 9:49:19 AM EDT
Point of Impact is BEHIND the front sight when sights are properly aligned.
Page Handguns » H&K
Top Top