Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 11/17/2011 11:11:36 AM EDT
OK. I picked up a USPc in .357 Sig recently. I had a thread on here asking about them because once I got it, I noticed I wasn't seeing them anywhere. I worked through that.

Yesterday morning I came across what I thought was a great deal on a .40 barrel for it. I sent off the money order for it earlier today. Don't know if I will like shooting it as a .40 or not, but I figured I could always get my money back out of it if not.

Yesterday afternoon I went by my buddys gun shop and he told me had received his MFG/SOT license. We talked about suppressors and he told me about some he was building and that the cost on them was going to be about $200 plus the tax stamp of course. I am going to try some of his out in the next couple weeks.

So now I am trying to find a decent deal on a threaded barrel. Midway has them for the .40 for $260 but are backordered. HKparts.net does to but they are also out of stock. I am assuming that they don't even make them for the .357 Sig. I really wish they did. It seems to me that you could use a 9mm can for a .357 Sig since they are the same diameter. I may be wrong on that.

Anyone know where to locate one? I would prefer a used one if someone knows where one is at. I am going to run a WTB add on the EE, but does anyone know where I can get one. I would not mind an aftermarket barrel as long as it works.

Who else makes a threaded barrel for the USPc?
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 1:36:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Update for anyone interested:

I emailed Adco a little while ago and asked if the .40 or .357 barrel could be extended and threaded. The response was "Sorry no, we can only do 9mm. those barrels are too thin." So apparently they can the 9mm, just not the .357 or .40.

I was impressed that I received a response in less than an hour. Most places will take days before I get a response, if at all.
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 3:30:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Unless one is using sub-sonic ammo, it would be a waste of time & $$$ to put a can on a .357Sig gun. Unless there's some out there that I'm unaware of (possible), I don't think there's any sub-sonic .357Sig ammo made. If in fact there is sub-sonic ammo, that would render it moot for .357Sig & put it in the 9mm specs, IMO. With that being the case, *I* would instead opt for using a 9mm host instead of your .357Sig, IMO.

My .o2
Link Posted: 11/17/2011 3:51:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Unless one is using sub-sonic ammo, it would be a waste of time & $$$ to put a can on a .357Sig gun. Unless there's some out there that I'm unaware of (possible), I don't think there's any sub-sonic .357Sig ammo made. If in fact there is sub-sonic ammo, that would render it moot for .357Sig & put it in the 9mm specs, IMO. With that being the case, *I* would instead opt for using a 9mm host instead of your .357Sig, IMO.

My .o2

Even using supersonic ammo, it would still be a lot more comfortable to shoot. The person building the suppressor also reloads extensively and said he would set me up with reloads that were subsonic. I agree it would be better to use a 9mm. But I don't really have anything else that I can really see as a host. If I can't come up with anything else, I may look around and see if I might be able to trade mine for a 9mm. I can always throw in the extra .40 barrel to sweeten the deal or sell it after I trade the .357.

Link Posted: 11/19/2011 11:22:15 PM EDT
[#4]
No one makes a threaded barrel for compacts except for efk and people warned me about them. I sent mine off to tornado tech it took two weeks. And I got left handed threads which adco won't do.
Link Posted: 11/20/2011 5:37:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
No one makes a threaded barrel for compacts except for efk and people warned me about them. I sent mine off to tornado tech it took two weeks. And I got left handed threads which adco won't do.

What caliber? You can buy a factory HK 9mm threaded barrel from HKparts.net. But apparently I am SOL on the .40.

My LGS has a USPc 9mm that isn't to bad looking for $500. Just hate to have to buy another one.

Just went to Tornado Techs website. They just do 9mm also. Think I would just go with a factory barrel in 9mm.

Link Posted: 11/20/2011 2:24:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Found out that Jarvis makes a threaded barrel for the .40 USPc.

Going to call tomorrow to get specifics.
Link Posted: 11/20/2011 11:22:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What caliber? You can buy a factory HK 9mm threaded barrel from HKparts.net. But apparently I am SOL on the .40.

My LGS has a USPc 9mm that isn't to bad looking for $500. Just hate to have to buy another one.

Just went to Tornado Techs website. They just do 9mm also. Think I would just go with a factory barrel in 9mm.

Hks aren't lime glocks. The sd is full size and full size hk barrels don't fit in compact hks.
Link Posted: 11/20/2011 11:24:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I believe there's a compact tactical in 40 so I think you could get a factory one.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 3:15:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe there's a compact tactical in 40 so I think you could get a factory one.

Far as I can tell, the CT was in 9mm only.

Link Posted: 11/21/2011 3:19:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not entirely true, I have USP/cT .45 & love it. I know there is a USP/c in .40, but don't recall ever seeing a USP/cT in .40. I may be wrong.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 3:38:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not entirely true, I have USP/cT .45 & love it. I know there is a USP/c in .40, but don't recall ever seeing a USP/cT in .40. I may be wrong.

Your right. I'm an idiot. The .45 CT I have seen everywhere. No problem getting barrels for those. What I meant was between mere mortal rounds, the 9mm, .357 Sig, and .40. The .45 seems to be in a league all it's own. Have you ever shot it suppressed?

Link Posted: 11/21/2011 7:20:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hks aren't lime glocks. The sd is full size and full size hk barrels don't fit in compact hks.

I bought an  HK factory threaded barrel for my USPc 45.   Now it's a USPct clone complete with Novak/Trijicon night sights and a KAC suppressor.  

Link Posted: 11/22/2011 3:19:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No such animal. The threaded factory 9mm is called the usp 9mm sd. And its a full size.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 3:23:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your right. I'm an idiot. The .45 CT I have seen everywhere. No problem getting barrels for those. What I meant was between mere mortal rounds, the 9mm, .357 Sig, and .40. The .45 seems to be in a league all it's own. Have you ever shot it suppressed?

All the time, I have a SilencerCo Osprey .45 and it is a perfect match for the USP/cT & scary quiet. I have a friend that has the TiRant .45 that works just as well. They both sound like a good solid "THUMP!" that can barely be heard 30 yds away. The same kind of "THUMP!" that a good set of Klipsch speakers can deliver with a good solid bass-line playing, w/o the overbearing loudness.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 5:21:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

No such animal. The threaded factory 9mm is called the usp 9mm sd. And its a full size.

Apparently you are correct. Went back and looked again.

I think I have decided to just keep my USPc the way it is and look for a fullsize 9mm or .45, or possibly a USPc .45 that already has a threaded barrel. Probably easier and cheaper in the long run.

Link Posted: 11/22/2011 7:51:21 AM EDT
[#16]
You could just go ahead and get a USPc-9 so it would be more compatible if you ever got a full sized USP9 with a TB
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 10:04:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
You could just go ahead and get a USPc-9 so it would be more compatible if you ever got a full sized USP9 with a TB

Lol. I swear I would like to if it weren't for the shipping and transfer fees. Almost a hundred bucks and get the same gun back. There is one at a gun shop about 2 miles from my house for $500. He may take a little less if I sweet talk him.

Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top