Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/3/2006 7:38:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/3/2006 7:50:05 AM EDT by ghengiskhabb]
I'm a 1911 junkie who is in the market for a new 1911 when a HK USP 45 caught my eye and seems to be everything I want and more (like 2 rounds and a double action first shot more).

Soooo.... I'm doing some research and have a few questions.

Is $600 a fair amount for a used HK USP 45 (with 6 10 round magazines)?
Where can I find a kydex holster for the handgun?
Where can I find kydex carriers for the magazines and flashlight?
What do HK factory mags run and where to buy?
Where are the wear indicators to determie how "used" the gun is?

What is right and what is wrong with the gun in some experienced owneres opinions?

I intend to shoot the the gun (2K to 4K shots per year) so being used doesn't phase me.

(and to think I used to make fun of HK owners and now I want one )

Edit to add one more stupid question: What is the standard magazine capacity 10 or 12? I was just oogling through the picture thread and thought I saw some 12 round magazines. (answered while typing the question. Thanks.)
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:47:52 AM EDT
I bought a USP 45 last Nov. and paid $530 for it with 2-10rd. mags. I shopped around for awhile to find this deal.
So $600 w/ 6 mags is a good deal, as long as the gun is in good shape.

I found that the 10rd. mags run about $20-25 a piece, and 12rd. mags cost about $45 plus.

Holsters are hard to come by and I haven't found any kydex holsters, so I'll tag this thread to see if someone knows of any.

There seems to be a lot more USP compact 45 holsters about.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:54:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/3/2006 7:55:52 AM EDT by rob78]
Fobus makes kydex holsters for HK 45s--20 bucks and change

may not be "top quality", but their kydex paddle holsters work well enough that several guys that shoot in our IDPA matches use them. (I'm more of a belt mounted holster guy myself)

edit: as long as the slide to frame fit is still fairly tight you're getting a hell of a deal on a great pistol.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:55:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/3/2006 8:15:44 AM EDT by quijanos]

Originally Posted By ghengiskhabb:
I'm a 1911 junkie who is in the market for a new 1911 when a HK USP 45 caught my eye and seems to be everything I want and more (like 2 rounds and a double action first shot more).

Sounds fair to me.
Comp Tac.....some of the best Kydex out there and I owned a couple for my USP45 and mag pouches as well
Comp Tac Link Here
Around $45 bucks.....not hard to find
Around the barrel mostly.....the extractor will also start to turn brownish after it has been shot awhile. It took several thousand rounds for my extractor to change colors like this

What is right and what is wrong with the gun in some experienced owneres opinions?
Nothing.......I love the USP45 for ever thing it is, Kinda large in the hand of a smaller person, but I like a large grip myself. Only thing I would change would be to Night Sights

I intend to shoot the the gun (2K to 4K shots per year) so being used doesn't phase me.

Edit to add one more stupid question: What is the standard magazine capacity 10 or 12? I was just oogling through the picture thread and thought I saw some 12 round magazines. (answered while typing the question. Thanks.)

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:23:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/3/2006 11:23:58 AM EDT by ALPHAGHOST]
--great price
--comptac
--comptac/bladetech
--got mine for $25+$3 shipping from mr miller--see this thread:www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=29&t=23501
--extractor, inside parts

right and wrong? compared to a 1911, its got the same grip angle and safety usage (just full down for the decocker), h/w, it does not FEEL the same--some qulams: lower tang, so the bore axis is too far down for me, DA trigger is creepy, safety manipulation is not as smooth as the 1911

but its a great 2 stack 45 imo

12 is the standard cap mag
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:35:28 PM EDT

I intenId to shoot the the gun (2K to 4K shots per year) so being used doesn't phase me.

If I were you I would spend the extra $175-200 and buy a new USP compact .45. Full size is way to big. My friend and myself have both had the full size and we both agree the compact is the better shooter of the two.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 2:25:04 PM EDT
that price seems fine. I just picked up a used AF dated USPf 45 with night sights, one 10 and one 12 mag, for $550.

new HK 10 round mags are cheap, as many as you want for $15 each.

I have a Safariland Padle holster for my USP, $40. Also a Uncle Mikes padle for $20(not half bad actaully)

12 round is standard. Before the ban lifted 10 was for civilans, 12 for LE.

I really like my full size USP's, but for me they both needed a Handall grip.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:21:12 PM EDT

Yes.

Fobus makes the better ones. Gun shows sell them for $24-28 or so.

See the above.

Hi-caps will be $45-50 each. I bought mine at the local gun shows.

Same as every other semi. I always look at the barrel hood.

What is right

Everything but price!

and what is wrong with the gun

Nothing.

What is the standard magazine capacity 10 or 12?

12rds on a .45acp fullsize.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:37:44 AM EDT
the Fobus mag carriers are a joke..........the piece of carpet glued inside to hold the mags "tight" is a very nice touch
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 12:53:27 PM EDT
Not to hi-jack this thread, but I have a USP I am considering putting on the EE, what do you guys think is a fair asking price?

Excellent conditon (around 600 rds) USP 45 V1 with Trijicon night sights, 3 10 rd mags w/ extended floorplates, and 2 12rd mags.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:19:18 AM EDT

Originally Posted By BiggerStick47:
Not to hi-jack this thread,

But decided to do it anyway????????????????
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:12:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BobCole:

Originally Posted By BiggerStick47:
Not to hi-jack this thread,

But decided to do it anyway????????????????

Yes.
Page Handguns » H&K
Top Top