Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/27/2003 9:46:46 PM EDT
Please help me choose my new pistol in 0.45 cal.  I like HK USP Tactical for its shape but Para 14-45 for its smoothness.

Which one ?

What are your experience with these two ?
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 8:37:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I've never had a  Para.

I do have a Tac, FANTASTIC gun.

WAY more accurate than I am.

It has the threaded barrel, if the suppressor bug ever bites you.

I would (and have) pick an HK over a Para anyday!

(flame suit on)
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 10:12:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Para's have a rep for hit or miss quality. H&K never has that problem.

H&Ks will be more accurate than anything else in its price range & better than lots costing twice as much.

My carry gun is a H&K .45acp Compact.

My .o2
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 6:23:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Get the HK!  While I lust over acquiring a Tactical, I have a USP 45F and USP 45C.  I honestly believe that the HK is the gun to get. Do not stop at go and do not collect the 200 bucks, but you should run to the store with the Tactical!  I think I am going to trade my USP in on the Tactical!  But, since I live in a non class III friendly state a suppressor is not an option for me!
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 6:14:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I also have no experience with the Para, but I've had my Tactical for about two years. It's rock-solid and very accurate. I have carried it concealed, but it is a large framed weapon, and holster selection is key in this regard.

If I knew I was going to be in a gunfight (and didn't have the option of not being there when it happened), I would take my Tactical.

And my AR. And my shotgun. And all my friends with guns.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 8:02:13 AM EDT
[#5]
If you like fiddling with upgrade parts, stainless steel, and abundant hi cap mags, Para 1445 is OK.  If you want it to go "BANG" and shoot straight 100% of the time, the HK Tactical is far superior.  My Para sees a lot of range time, but it is less than slightly less than 100% reliable so I would never carry it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top