Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2006 1:14:37 PM EDT
I was just looking for some of your opinions on which .40 cal to buy, I'm looking at both the Heckler & Koch P2000 40SW and the Springfield Armory XD 40SW, 4 Inch, V10.

I realize that the HK is more expensive and possibly the "better" weapon but I'd like to hear from owners of both guns to see which is the best "bang for the buck" and the various pros and cons of each gun.

I won't be shooting in competition with it but will be doing some combat handgun courses in the next few months. I already own a HK USP .45 and a SigPro 2022 9mm and I'm just looking to add to my collection.

Thanks in advance for your responses.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:58:18 PM EDT
[#1]
From your previous pistols, you'll most likely like the fit of the P2000 (medium or large insert) than the XD. I personally find the XD too narrow around the top of the grip.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:37:44 PM EDT
[#2]
In all honesty its hard to beat how smoothe the ported XD shoots.  Find some place that rents em and try them both out.  I dont have the P2000 and have never shot 1 so I cant comment on which is better but I just bought the XD-40 V-10 and it shoots amazingly well thanks to the new USA trigger and the porting.  Hold em both and chose which fits you best.    This btw isnt because I own a SA and not an HK.  I own both just not the one you want.  GL  
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 2:54:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Go for the HK P2000.
Adjustable back strap, ambi slide release and ami mag release.

I like the V3 DA/SA verse the LEM trigger DAO. But that is just me.

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:05:56 PM EDT
[#4]
P2000. S, M, L, XL, backstraps. Ambi everything. I have the V2. Me likey.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:30:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys for all your feedback! I do think that I am going to think long and hard about the selection and also rent them at the range and see which one I prefer.

It seems as there is no bad choice, so whichever one I get, you know that I'll enjoy it! Thanks once again for all the valuable info
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top