Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2017 3:44:17 PM EDT
So, I am in a bit of a pickle right now.  I used to have a USP Expert but sold it.  My intention when I sold it was to get a USP 45 Tactical since I've heard that the 45 USPs are some of the best 45 handguns you can buy.  I don't keep many handguns as it is since I like long guns more than handguns.  I'm more of a quality over quantity type person.  Right now I have four handguns: Colt 1911, Sig P220 Elite, Beretta 92 Brigadier, and a CZ Shadow 2.  The 1911 and Shadow 2 are no-sells.  My question is would it be worth it to dump the P220 Elite and Beretta 92 and get the Mark 23?  I don't really want to just shell out $1,700 in fresh cash for a new handgun so I'd at least want to sell one or two and knock out a big chunk of that.  With the USP 45 Tactical I don't really need to sell anything... I'd keep both handguns and just get that after saving up for a couple of months.

Should I get rid of a couple guns and get the Mark 23 or just wait a bit and get a 45 Tactical?  I like full size handguns so the size of the M23 isn't really an issue.  I've shot a Desert Eagle which I've read is comparable in size and that was just fine.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 3:50:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm saving for the 23 right now. I've been shopping around as well. Where are you seeing the best prices? I've noticed they are creeping down. I just got an H&K 45CT which I consider the little brother to the 23. It's a really great shooter and built like a tank.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 3:50:50 PM EDT
[#2]
HK45 or Mk23.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 3:56:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Both. Then get a compact tactical.  Small, medium and large... that's what I did anyway
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 3:56:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
HK45 or Mk23.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
HK45 or Mk23.
Besides the more ergonomic grip, what does the HK45 offer over the USP 45T?  I've never really looked into the HK45 so I am not too familiar with them.

Quoted:
I'm saving for the 23 right now. I've been shopping around as well. Where are you seeing the best prices? I've noticed they are creeping down. I just got an H&K 45CT which I consider the little brother to the 23. It's a really great shooter and built like a tank.
GrabAGun has them for $1,690.  That's one of the better prices I've seen lately.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 4:05:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Smaller grip mostly.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 4:16:52 PM EDT
[#6]
USP TACTICAL 45

Link Posted: 8/4/2017 7:27:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I love my Mark 23.... it's an absolute laser. Love the USP series almost as much and a 45 or 9 tactical is next on the short list.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 7:29:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Just put 300 rounds through my 45CT, flawless even though I kinda suck at pistol shooting. I need lessons!
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 7:30:58 PM EDT
[#9]
To me it depends on you want. The USP Tactical is a much more practical pistol, in that it is considerably smaller and handier (still a brick of a pistol), has adjustable sights, HK's match trigger, and a less wonky manual of arms. All while being about 2/3 the price. But if you want a Mk. 23, then nothing else will do except the real deal. I opted for the USP Tactical, and it definitely scratched that itch for the foreseeable future. Still, at some point, I know I'll need to pick up the 23 because Metal Gear Solid and stuff.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 7:50:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
To me it depends on you want. The USP Tactical is a much more practical pistol, in that it is considerably smaller and handier (still a brick of a pistol), has adjustable sights, HK's match trigger, and a less wonky manual of arms. All while being about 2/3 the price. But if you want a Mk. 23, then nothing else will do except the real deal. I opted for the USP Tactical, and it definitely scratched that itch for the foreseeable future. Still, at some point, I know I'll need to pick up the 23 because Metal Gear Solid and stuff.
View Quote
Ssssssnnnnnnaaaaakkkkkeeee!
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 10:57:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Get the USP45 Tactical. You won't regret it.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 12:31:15 PM EDT
[#12]
You have other pistols so you don't need to worry about the "what if I could just have one" practicality arguments.  Do you plan to suppress?  If so and you hypothetically had both the USP and the Mark23, you would likely shoot the Mark23 90% of the time.  It's really that nice for that.  If you don't plan to suppress, the only thing you get over and above the USP function-wise is the overbuilt/reliability aspects of it.  The USP ergos are nicer, especially the combo safety/decock.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 8:09:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You have other pistols so you don't need to worry about the "what if I could just have one" practicality arguments.  Do you plan to suppress?  If so and you hypothetically had both the USP and the Mark23, you would likely shoot the Mark23 90% of the time.  It's really that nice for that.  If you don't plan to suppress, the only thing you get over and above the USP function-wise is the overbuilt/reliability aspects of it.  The USP ergos are nicer, especially the combo safety/decock.
View Quote
Nope, no plans to suppress.  My main reason for wanting the Tactical is I like the way it looks and I like the target sights and match trigger like I had on my USP Expert 9mm.  From what I understand though the 45T still has the match trigger but lacks a couple parts that Expert has in its match trigger.  But from what I read you can buy those few parts for like $30 and replace them in the 45T.  If I could find a 45 Expert I'd just get that, but they're like unicorns.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 9:35:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

If I could find a 45 Expert I'd just get that, but they're like unicorns.
View Quote
Unicorns
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 11:47:09 PM EDT
[#15]
USP over the MK23 for price difference.  Both shoot awesome, MK23 isn't any better though.

USP waaaay over the HK45.  2 more bullets, less expensive, way better trigger.

If you don't get a can, you're wrong, and should feel bad.  USP and MK23 are amazing suppressor hosts.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 7:46:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
USP over the MK23 for price difference.  Both shoot awesome, MK23 isn't any better though.

USP waaaay over the HK45.  2 more bullets, less expensive, way better trigger.

If you don't get a can, you're wrong, and should feel bad.  USP and MK23 are amazing suppressor hosts.
View Quote
Yes I know :( (no can for me)

Can you install a match trigger in the HK45 or no?  I am assuming it is not compatible with USP parts.  I used to have an HK P30L and for a $900+ handgun it had a TERRIBLE trigger.  That's the gun that turned me into a trigger snob.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 7:57:17 PM EDT
[#17]
This thread sucks without pics. I have a Mark 23. I will likely add a USP Tactical in the future as well.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 5:19:20 PM EDT
[#18]
I have all 3 .... Mark23, USP45T, and HK45.

Mark23 ftw. It's a ass kicking hog leg.

The USPT is awesome, and does the same as thing as the MK23.

Everyone who says the the MK23 is too big, needs to hit the gym. You ain't concealing a USPT, at least not easily, so if you gotta hang it OWB, then just go ahead and get the big boy.

The HK45 is nice, and dat grip is tits. But only 10 boolits.

No wrong choices here.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:35:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Just wanted to update everyone.  Found a USP Expert .45 online so I bought that.  Haven't shot it yet, but I already like the feel of the larger frame over my 9mm Expert.  It also feels quite a bit heavier which I like as well.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:51:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Just wanted to update everyone.  Found a USP Expert .45 online so I bought that.  Haven't shot it yet, but I already like the feel of the larger frame over my 9mm Expert.  It also feels quite a bit heavier which I like as well.
View Quote
sounds like a good pickup.  I love my 9mm expert 
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 1:00:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not having a suppressor, I would say the Expert .45 is a good choice.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 10:05:48 PM EDT
[#22]
If you have other guns (more common) for real life/HD, then I would HELLA get the mark 23. That is on my list.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 7:19:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Both. Then get a compact tactical.  Small, medium and large... that's what I did anyway
View Quote
This.  Then get cans for all of them:

Seriously of the two, the Tactical is more usable.  Heck, I even had DM Bullard build a holster setup for mine and I have carried it on occasion.

Link Posted: 9/18/2017 1:54:41 PM EDT
[#24]
I also have both. the M23 is a novelty because I have always wanted one and the other for carry/normal use. Love them both!!
BTW the 23 isn't that big
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 10:07:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/TEoK212.jpg

Seriously of the two, the Tactical is more usable.  Heck, I even had DM Bullard build a holster setup for mine and I have carried it on occasion.

https://i.imgur.com/Oef5mXt.jpg
View Quote
What brand of cases are those ?
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 1:37:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/TEoK212.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Oef5mXt.jpg
One is a Maxpedition and the others are Blackhawk.  I need another one now for the VP9 Tactical I just got......
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 10:05:37 PM EDT
[#27]
If you really want a MK23 nothing else will do. I have a USP Tactical, too, and I am 100% happy that I have both.

And once you have a MK23, you have to get the correct can. The MK23 with the KAC suppressor is far and away my favorite of all my suppressed pistols. ZERO POI shift - none whatsoever. The smoothest recoil impulse thanks to the booster being designed specifically for this gun. Extra stout o-ring to make sure it doesn't unscrew while shooting.

Link Posted: 12/10/2017 11:27:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/11/2017 9:33:01 AM EDT
[#29]
USPc .45 and MK23 cover most of the HK pistol bases for me.
Link Posted: 12/11/2017 10:05:53 AM EDT
[#30]
If you have other Go to guns, i would 100% get the marj 23. I wouldnt want my only main gun to be that but if you have a more common practical gun heck yes.
Link Posted: 12/24/2017 9:04:15 PM EDT
[#31]
USP Tactical
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/24/2017 9:26:17 PM EDT
[#32]
A mark 23 is my grail gun. Not for practical use just to have. So for me it isnt "This or that". Real guns and fun guns.
Link Posted: 12/25/2017 3:48:00 AM EDT
[#33]
I bought the mk23 and the hk45c to carry. Love both of them!
Link Posted: 12/25/2017 4:49:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
USP TACTICAL 45
View Quote
This.

The Mk23 does nothing the Tactical can't do a bunch of times better.
Link Posted: 12/25/2017 5:45:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Quality over quantity? Easy - Mk23.

Everyone's got a USP/USP Tac...not a whole lot have a Mk23. But, if you're going to get the Mk23, you also may as well complete the set...get the KAC can, appropriate holster, etc. It won't be cheap, but it will be exclusive, and you'll have arguably the most reliable 45acp autoloader made on this planet whether it's suppressed or not.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top