Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 9/9/2004 7:37:05 AM EDT
I was thinking of getting an LEM installed in my USP45F. I have become enamored with Glocks and their trigger over the years and was thinking of a way to get the USP out of the safe.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:55:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a LEM version of a USP Compact.  The LEM trigger is not like a Glock.  It is an eight pount pull and the pull is very long on the initial pull.  Here is the good news, it is a very VERY safe trigger.  If you are working from the holster, this is the trigger you want.  Pull the trigger with a round in the chamber and it goes bang and yet you will not bump it and blow your leg off.  No doubt, this is why they swicthed from the Glock 23 to the USP Compact with the pilots.  

For target work, this isn't the trigger for you.  For combat shooting from the holster, I love it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:33:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Just for the record, most LE dept's require that issue Glocks have the NY or NY+trigger installed which gives them a pull weight of 8 and 12lbs. This has been because of unintentional discharges mainly. The NY trigger in a Glock actually decreases the amount of "creep" in a the trigger pull but still gives the short and fast reset so you can easily index the trigger for fast follow-up shots.

BTW I too am interested in the LEM trigger...I have been thinking about a fullsize 9mm HK USP.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 12:35:26 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I was thinking of getting an LEM installed in my USP45F. I have become enamored with Glocks and their trigger over the years and was thinking of a way to get the USP out of the safe.

Our new issue sidearm for uniform personnel is the USP45 in V1. Our dealer, who is also an IPSC shooter, asked if I wanted to try the LEM on my gun to see if it would be a good option for the rest of the troops. I told him to put it on mine & I would be the crash-test dummy.

So far, my impression is that it is a mixed blessing. The pull with the LEM is much lighter than the DA pull on the standard guns, but somewhat heavier than the SA. I am still having to concentrate on keeping my trigger finger in contact with the trigger & just releasing the trigger enough for it to reset, so I don't have to fight all that L-O-N-G takeup on every shot. I'm not sure that I will keep the LEM after I work with it. A DA-only gun is probably not the best idea for uniform personnel, due to the risk of gun grabs by suspects. Even with a security holster, thumb safeties have saved a lot of officers when the suspects were able to gain control of the gun.

Compared to the Glocks, the LEM pull is about the same weight as the standard Glock pull, but much lighter than the NY trigger required by many agencies. The pull on mine is a little crisper than the Glocks, without that spongy "screen door spring" feel. Overall, I like the feel of the USP45 better than the Glock .45, but YMMV.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:44:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Can anyone actually verify that the old, standard USP can be retrofitted with the LEM? I have fired a couple and really like it, I'm just not certain I will have it done to one of my USPF 45's yet given the rather large grip dimensions. Currently I carry it...when I carry it...in Condition 1.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:17:32 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Can anyone actually verify that the old, standard USP can be retrofitted with the LEM?

It can be done.  I sent my to Sterling last week.  $95 plus return shipping.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top