Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2012 12:52:17 PM EDT
I love Glocks.  Always have.  Carried one for a long time.  But, I have one problem with all of them.  I have short, stubby fingers.  And, when I shoot, my trigger finger slides to the bottom of the trigger where it drags on the inside of the trigger guard.  Not a problem for a few rounds.  But, I can't shoot many rounds before the triggerguard wears a sore on the side of my trigger finger.  
So, I may have to transition to Springfield XDs that don't cause the problem.  I'd really rather stay with the Glocks that I love.  Anybody got any suggestions?  Anybody else have this problem?  Are there any aftermarket Glock triggers that have more curve so they prevent your finger from sliding down?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 1:07:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you tried a Gen 4 Glock? If not I would try one and see if there is a backstrap set up that will fit your hand size. I would think that with the narrowest, you would be able to get good trigger contact. I don't have experience with Gen 4 Glocks but this is just a suggestion.
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 1:41:28 PM EDT
[#2]
If you shoot enough, you'll develop a callous on your trigger finger and it won't hurt anymore. I maintain mine for about 100 rounds per week. Dryfiring can help too.
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 2:36:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Shoot more often.
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 2:50:33 PM EDT
[#4]
The serrated triggers do the same thing to me. I'm gonna swap out to smooth triggers when I get one.
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 4:17:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

If you shoot enough, you'll develop a callous on your trigger finger and it won't hurt anymore. I maintain mine for about 100 rounds per week. Dryfiring can help too.

Do this.

But if you just have to do something try a thin piece of felt tape. I use it to stop squeaks in cars often. Seems to hold well.

Link Posted: 3/19/2012 7:12:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the input.  Where can I get the smooth triggers?  
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 8:53:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thanks for the input.  Where can I get the smooth triggers?  

Gen3

Gen4

Lone Wolf Distributors is good to go in my experience.
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 10:05:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Get an M&P, it should be a bit easier for you to grip.
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 11:37:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Get an M&P, it should be a bit easier for you to grip.

He said he wanted a better trigger.
Link Posted: 3/20/2012 3:21:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Is it a 40 cal by chance? I can't shoot a Glock 23 without my finger getting sore and numb. 45, 10mm, and 9mm Glocks seem to be no problem though.
Link Posted: 3/20/2012 3:25:59 AM EDT
[#11]
To minimize Glock finger I carefully used a dremmel to raise a small relief cutout where the trigger guard meets the frame to make more room for my finger. I also contoured the edges of the trigger-guard to make them more comfortable.

This helped immensely.

Also, shoot a lot.
Link Posted: 3/20/2012 5:47:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
To minimize Glock finger I carefully used a dremmel

.. on the affected part of MY FINGER
Link Posted: 3/20/2012 1:52:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Ltlabner. Please post a picture of your frame mods. Thanks
Link Posted: 3/20/2012 2:24:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'd like to see that, too. Sounds interesting.
Link Posted: 3/20/2012 6:43:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Will do. I'm tied up with some business meetings through Thursday am but will try to get some pics up then.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 5:43:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Sorry for the delay in responding. Been a hectic couple of weeks.

Here's a new G19 Gen4 I picked up this morning. I've started the process of enlarging the undercut where the trigger-guard meets the grip along with rounding off the edge of the trigger-guard itself. I've found that doing this greatly increases the comfort of the weapon along with minimizing Glock Knuckle. I just used a dremmel with a fairly course grit wheel on a slow/medium speed and carefully removed some material.

It looks shitty now, especially in close up pictures. But I'll shoot it for a while and confirm that I've got the angle the way I want. If not, I'll gradually reshape the guard until it feels good. Once I get it where I want, I'll hit it with a few passes of various grits (from course to fine) of sandpaper to try to blend it in some.

It's not a massive modification and once it's done it's not going to be so glaring that it would effect resale value (which, of course, assumes I'm going to resell anything).
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 3:25:01 AM EDT
[#17]
I like that you're taking a slow methodical approach to your mods. Once you have it the way you want it and smooth out the texture, it may be pretty close to unnoticeable without an upclose inspection.
Link Posted: 4/1/2012 5:57:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Start small, a little bit makes a big difference.  It will take a bit of work to get the finish back to the stock texture.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top