Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2009 4:00:43 PM EDT
I am looking for some qualified & reputable gunsmiths for my Colt Combat Commander. I am located in South Florida but can ship it if needed.

Got a quote from the boys at Cylinder & Slide but don't want to wait for a year.

Thanks for your help
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:41:36 PM EDT
[#1]
what do you need done?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:51:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Problem: Double feed (failure to extract), horizontal and sometimes vertical stovepipe.
Installed (and tried to tune) new extractor, 2 new Wilson Magazines, tried 5 different types of ammo, Installed all new springs, cleaned several times.

I’ve owned this gun for more that 25 years. I never had any reliability problems until about 6 months ago.

I am over trouble shooting. At this point I want to send this to a gunsmith that can correct it with 100% guarantee and no excuses.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:19:35 PM EDT
[#3]
PM me if you like.         Chuck
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:40:24 PM EDT
[#4]
If it doesn't work out with an arfcommer, did you try Wilson?  I had them do some work on a Colt many years ago and was very happy with the results.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:10:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Have you checked out the list here?  http://www.ar15.com/content/page.html?id=275

There are a couple that are in FL.  I hear that Gun Craft in Ruskin does good work if you are ever up near Tampa.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:13:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Kim,Dave and Ben at guncraft were always great people.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 9:32:58 AM EDT
[#7]
I live up in Gainesville but I have been looking into Guncraft.  They seem to have a good reputation.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top