Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2005 5:34:26 PM EDT
Us property marked

SA stamped

861***  serial range dates to 1943
Ithica used the same range but its marked colt.

I would say 80%  maybe new barrel  

The bAD NEWS.... some IDIOT tore up the front strap trying to checker it.
By tore up I mean it wasnt CUT but gouged, un even and nasy looking.

The rest is  stock. The trigger feels nice but normal.

$400.00

what is it worth?

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:40:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know.  The fuck head that hacked that receiver need his ass kicked however.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:42:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:59:57 PM EDT
[#3]
But....

I will have to sell a very relable 9mm and a yugo SKS to get it.

the 'gougeing' isnt deep. and it has after market sights, all black combat style, but no with dots.
no cut for the front sight. it fit where the old one was or something.

I may have it tomorrow. I offered my buddy first crack at my 9mm. $400 since hes underage.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:04:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:06:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Post pics otherwise this thread is worthless
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:21:03 PM EDT
[#6]
under 21, hes 19. in AZ i can do a FTF sale with 18+.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:51:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
But....

I will have to sell a very relable 9mm and a yugo SKS to get it.

the 'gougeing' isnt deep. and it has after market sights, all black combat style, but no with dots.
no cut for the front sight. it fit where the old one was or something.

I may have it tomorrow. I offered my buddy first crack at my 9mm. $400 since hes underage.

I have a general policy never to discourage anyone from buying a 1911, but I'd have to pass on this one in your currrent situation.

R.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:45:11 PM EDT
[#8]
selling two guns to buy another still puts you down a gun...
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:12:22 PM EDT
[#9]
I know I know....

But it looked so lonely....

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:30:37 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
selling two guns to buy another still puts you down a gun...

One is an SKS!!!  Who cares about that crap?  I'd say he'd be even.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:42:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Offer him $300.00 and tell them that it will need $500.00 dollars worth of work done to it to make it a ok shooter
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:50:50 PM EDT
[#12]
IF it didnt have the extra crafsmanship , I bet it would go for 800 bucks
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:06:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Okay, if you decide not to buy it, tell me where to get it.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:41:23 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Okay, if you decide not to buy it, tell me where to get it.  

Not so fast John!  You've got enough............      So where is this shop at?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:51:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:41:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:22:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Do not sell any other guns to get it, you will regret it in the end. See if you can put it on layaway and make payments.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:02:15 PM EDT
[#18]
I saw a british lend-lease 45 at a local gunshow, that someone had "stimpled" the front strap (frame). put some aftermarket wrap around rubber grips, and put some hokey rear sight on it.....it looked like shit, I about cried when I saw that
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:03:26 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Do not sell any other guns to get it, you will regret it in the end. See if you can put it on layaway and make payments.

Yep , that's the best I found Pawnshop lay away . 80 bucks and 90 days to scarf the rest somewhere .

In fact I saw a S&W # 19 in one yesterday they wanted 219 Bucks like new ...$50 was traded and now I've "secured" it .
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:15:51 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Get it, without a doubt.  USGI pistols are not going to be getting any cheaper, even ones with Bubba touches.

That is a good price for a shooter USGI 1911.  If the frontstrap is still thick enough, it can be salvaged 100% with stippling.  Otherwise you may be looking at some Pachmayrs or other frontstrap condoms.

A big plus is: you don't have to worry about doing other custom touches, since the collectibility value is already nil.

Big plus one on the stippling.  As a matter of fact, why don't you get the gun, put it away, and when I'm done with someone else's gun, Ill stipple it for you (for free).  Of course, the checkering has to be somewhat shallow, but it sounds like it is from what you described.  Also, if someone started checkering it, stopped short, and did not go crooked on the lines, I can probably salvage that too.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 5:37:08 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Get it, without a doubt.  USGI pistols are not going to be getting any cheaper, even ones with Bubba touches.

That is a good price for a shooter USGI 1911.  If the frontstrap is still thick enough, it can be salvaged 100% with stippling.  Otherwise you may be looking at some Pachmayrs or other frontstrap condoms.

A big plus is: you don't have to worry about doing other custom touches, since the collectibility value is already nil.

Big plus one on the stippling.  As a matter of fact, why don't you get the gun, put it away, and when I'm done with someone else's gun, Ill stipple it for you (for free).  Of course, the checkering has to be somewhat shallow, but it sounds like it is from what you described.  Also, if someone started checkering it, stopped short, and did not go crooked on the lines, I can probably salvage that too.

quote]

He'll need sights too maybe "yous guys" can work something out??? How about a refinish ? might as well "make it yours"
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:35:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Holy Damn!! I almost gave up on it.

I still dont know. I am really attached to my HS2000(XD pre-release). I bought it 2 weeks after 9-11.
Thats what I would trade, and a Yugo sks. That HS layed in my place in the bed for 10 months and 21 days while I was away in the ARMY training. My wife is a lil attached to it. It is my daily carry peice. I know that everytime I squeeze the trigger, it goes BOOM! Money is too tight right now for this. I'm looking at getting MOB'ED (mobilized) for 12 months starting in OCT. Hopefully here in PHX.

This .45 is like that Nice old veteran at the VW hall. He used to be a hell of a shooter... but what about now?
I can't give up my primary defense weapon for a MAYBE, and NO WAY IN HELL will I ever part with my CAVARMS 16" Hbar Flattop less that 200 rnds fired OD green ar15 for anything....
less than a SA Operator or a Kimber Tactical Custom II.

Hobbs... the .45 is at XXXXXXXXXXXX on XXXXX and XXXXXXXXX.

IM me for the details.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:19:35 AM EDT
[#23]
EGW has a fix for dicked up front straps.  They mill out the old and weld in new machine checkered strap.

Their work and reputation is awesone by the way.

google EGW 1911
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top