Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2006 11:02:08 AM EDT
I wanted to get a Galco SS2 shoulder rig for my 4" XD9, but that holster is not available for the XD.  I was looking at the holsters on www.copsplus.com

I saw that this holster is made for a number of Glock models.  Do any of you guys know if there is a Glock, or other pistol, that has the same or very similar profile/dimensions as the XD?

If so, what is your opinion of getting a holster like this that is a close match for my gun, but not exact?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:22:41 PM EDT
[#1]
There are some Gloks and even Sigs holsters that will work. i don't remember what models will though. What type of holster are you looking for. most manf. are making holsters that are for the xd now because it is becoming a very popular. if you tell me what your looking for i might be able to help.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 3:38:12 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I wanted to get a Galco SS2 shoulder rig for my 4" XD9, but that holster is not available for the XD.  I was looking at the holsters on www.copsplus.com

Umm...  One of these.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:42:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Wow... I'd dumb.. I missed that somehow.. sorry.. anyways, I was unable to find the size chart i had... lost it somewhere... but this is alittle different then the ss2 (still a Galco Shoulder rig) i don't know if it will help but here you go.(this one will work with the xd) www.asotactical.com/product_info.php?products_id=82  Sorry i couldn't be more of a help.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:46:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I traded my g19 for my xd40. THe glock is alot more pointy and IMO had a tendency to point downwards. It also has a block grip which was hard to hang onto although a slip cover would improve feel. Wait it out. THe XD is getting more and more popular and soon everybody will cover them.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:09:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Wow... I'd dumb.. I missed that somehow.. sorry.. anyways, I was unable to find the size chart i had... lost it somewhere... but this is alittle different then the ss2 (still a Galco Shoulder rig) i don't know if it will help but here you go.(this one will work with the xd) www.asotactical.com/product_info.php?products_id=82  Sorry i couldn't be more of a help.

Don't sweat missing the details of the type holster I was looking for.  I suffer from frequent bouts of cranial flatulence.

The Miami Classic looks a lot like the SS2, except the SS2 seems to have wider straps across the shoulders.

I may go with that...

Thanx.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:29:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Smak101:

Although they didn't have that specific assembly for the XD, I can get the separate components (harness, holster, & mag carrier) to put together what I want.

Thanks for the site!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top