Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2005 10:46:31 AM EDT
can anyone suggest a glue safe for my Buckmark slide release tab?

it fell off when i was cleaning it, and now is very loose. its just the little tab part with the treads on it. the actual slide release is fine.

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 11:41:12 AM EDT
[#1]
An epoxy would probably be best.
I'd likely use one of the 5 minute versions.

The "secret" to getting a good bond is to THOROUGHLY degrease both parts.  NO lube or grease on either part.
Second, get a really good mix of the epoxy.  I usually stir the 5 minute type for at least one full minute.

Attach the parts, and save the excess epoxy for a test sample.  
When the sample is getting like firm rubber, use a sharp razor knife to trim off any excess glue.

Then put the part in a warm place and allow to harden for a FULL 24 hours.

Re-lube and reassemble.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:56:23 PM EDT
[#2]
If you don't mind me crapping on your thread, how much was that fluted barrel?  Does it save much weight over the stock barrel?  Do you know how much for that barrel in normal black (if different than the colored model you have)?
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 4:25:59 PM EDT
[#3]
fix it soon, I lost my pad a while ago.  It will come off.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 5:12:35 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If you don't mind me crapping on your thread, how much was that fluted barrel?  Does it save much weight over the stock barrel?  Do you know how much for that barrel in normal black (if different than the colored model you have)?

it was a gift from Zeke-, but i think he paid about $200 for it.   they had never made the pink color before, so i think that might have added to the cost.   he said they just came out with a new camo pattern that no one has gotten before, and that i could be the first one to have it, but he knew i wanted pink.  i would imagine it would be a bit cheaper in just black.

the barrel is mostly aluminum, so even though its a couple inches longer than my stock barrel, its a LOT lighter.  

i havent had a chance to try it at the range yet...
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 2:13:17 PM EDT
[#5]
That part is $10 from Brownells...

I left a link in the other thread!
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 4:53:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
That part is $10 from Brownells...

I left a link in the other thread!

The new one will come apart like the original did.  It's cheaper and more permanent to use the JB Weld.

Kent
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top