Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/20/2006 12:44:58 PM EDT
Anyone run a guiderod laser? Are they accurate, do they work pretty well or are they not that great. AFAIK they are not adjustable.

Considering one for a P226.

Thanks for any info.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:46:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/20/2006 2:46:48 PM EDT by Soljah46]
not sure what other brands (if any) are out there other than the lasermax brand. i was interested in them as well so i did some reading.

i believe the lasermax ones are suposed to be accurate within a couple inches wich should be good enough for a shot at someone centermass. they are not user adjustable (except maybe for the 1911 ones) and have to be sent back to factory to be zeroed. if you get one, you won't need to get anothe holster to fit your gun into as it will be the exact same size as before. i hear certain holsters may accidentally turn the unit on when you may be moving around.

also something i found by reading up on them is that the lasermax doesn't shoot a constant laser but a strobing laser so it's easier to find the dot on target. your eyes supposedly get drawn to it.

i was thinking of getting one for my glock that i plan to purchase in the near future.

hope this was of some help
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:55:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Soljah46:
not sure what other brands (if any) are out there other than the lasermax brand. i was interested in them as well so i did some reading.

i believe the lasermax ones are suposed to be accurate within a couple inches wich should be good enough for a shot at someone centermass. they are not user adjustable (except maybe for the 1911 ones) and have to be sent back to factory to be zeroed. if you get one, you won't need to get anothe holster to fit your gun into as it will be the exact same size as before. i hear certain holsters may accidentally turn the unit on when you may be moving around.

also something i found by reading up on them is that the lasermax doesn't shoot a constant laser but a strobing laser so it's easier to find the dot on target. your eyes supposedly get drawn to it.

i was thinking of getting one for my glock that i plan to purchase in the near future.

hope this was of some help

Thanks.

I'd love to try one but they are pricey. I wish I had a better idea how good they are.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:17:23 PM EDT
i was just reading up on forums over at glocktalk.com. got a lot of info. just do a search for lasermax and you can read up on whether people think it's good or not.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:20:00 AM EDT
I've got a Lasermax in my P226. It is very accurate, 1-2" up to 25 yards. The batteries last a long time and it's very easy to turn on and off. The switch is in the take down lever.

They are expensive, but I like them better than the Crimson Trace because it's totally integrated in the gun.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:15:32 AM EDT
I have one too. I love it. Mine must be exceptionally accurate. It shoots "on the dot" literally hitting the laser spot on the target when shot from a ransom rest at 25 yards.

Here is the link for lasermax site. http://www.lasermax.com/products/lms-2261S.php

On a side note.. my wife and I were walking our dogs and a stray approached growling and snarling. I pulled my P226 and activated the laser. I flashed it around his eyes and he turned tail and ran. I tried to make sure not to shine the laser directly in his eyes, just kind of back and forth around his eyes. Hopefully, it will have the same affect on people if I ever need to draw on someone.
Top Top