Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2004 10:25:48 PM EDT
I have the urge to pick up another .45 auto, and now that the Ban has expired, I have been thinking about a high cap .45, and have really come to like the looks and features of the USP45. No stores in my area have any in stock, so I have come here for some answers. First I'd like to know about the size of the grip. How does it compare to a M1911 in terms of width? I have average/smaller size hands, and the 1911 has worked fine for me for nigh on 25 years. Is the grip angle and shape comforatable? Input is always appreciated. TIA. - Chris Cheng
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:46:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Frame: 3/4" Wide
Widest point of grips: 1&1/4" (I have some really crappy pachmeyers that I measured)
Slide: 7/8"

USP 45F
Widest point of grips (frame is same width): 1&1/4"
Slide: 1&1/8"

It doesn't sound like a big difference, but it is HUGE when you actually compare the two. Don't get the USP45F expecting to CCW it unless your a huge mother fkr. I like mine for a good night stand pistol, since the UTL light is bright.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:55:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks SO-COM. If I buy a USP45, I'll most likely use it for open carry and home defense anyway.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:57:50 AM EDT
[#3]
you can easily conceal it under a jacket. Only if the climate is right though.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:55:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
you can easily conceal it under a jacket. Only if the climate is right though.

I forgot about that. I could probably conceal it 3oclock or 4 oclock with a thick jacket, I'm 6'1" 150 (bean pole). Sitting under the matress, it leaves me confident I won't be outgunned if someone tries to break in.

By the way, I have a Bianchi holster that is pretty good for open carry (it has both cant and no cantbelt loop holes). Its retention is really good, and its thumb lock brakes positively.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:46:52 PM EDT
[#5]
It's not that wide - my USPC .45
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top