Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
12/6/2019 7:27:02 PM
Posted: 11/29/2013 1:55:20 PM EST
I just got a glock that has either skate board tape on it or precut panels for the grip. none the less I cant get these things off any pointer? I tried a hair dryer, soaking it in cleaning solvents.Any other thoughts..
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 8:31:09 AM EST
unless it's a gen 4(or was it gen 3, not a glock user)...the grips are all one piece of the receiver...

are you sure someone didn't modify their grip with a soldering iron? this would be a permanant, non reversable, pretty much non fixable modification...submit pictures (use a image host like imgur if you need to)
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 8:33:07 AM EST
Post a picture cause all grip tapes should be able to remove pretty easily.
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 5:12:45 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Nokozon:
unless it's a gen 4(or was it gen 3, not a glock user)...the grips are all one piece of the receiver...

are you sure someone didn't modify their grip with a soldering iron? this would be a permanant, non reversable, pretty much non fixable modification...submit pictures (use a image host like imgur if you need to)
View Quote

I think he knows the difference between grip tape and the receiver/stipling
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 5:13:44 PM EST
Originally Posted By mrblueagian:
I just got a glock that has either skate board tape on it or precut panels for the grip. none the less I cant get these things off any pointer? I tried a hair dryer, soaking it in cleaning solvents.Any other thoughts..
View Quote

If you can get a razor blade under an edge, then get at it with some acetone/alcohol/solvent, it should peel off pretty easily. You may have to work it slowly with the razor blade until you get enough peeled up to grip with your fingers. I would advise against heat, as some of the companies making pre-cut panels are using heat-activated adhesives.
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 5:20:48 PM EST
Originally Posted By garretts1776:

I think he knows the difference between grip tape/ and the receiver/stipling
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By garretts1776:
Originally Posted By Nokozon:

I think he knows the difference between grip tape/ and the receiver/stipling

you never know. you know this guy or something?

+1 pics.
Link Posted: 12/15/2013 7:34:51 AM EST
Propane torch, take that sucker right off.

Maybe a hair drier on low to soften the glue a little.
Top Top