Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2006 4:32:31 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:51:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:40:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Just for guys from places like NY that require 10rd. mags.
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_52/products_id/18154
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:43:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Local Gander Mountain is dumping them at 485
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:44:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I've only seen pictures, but it reminds me of a plastic mini-cougar. I'm very interested in it but I'm waiting for the .45 version, I don't need another 9mm.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:26:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Here is my PX4, hands down the most reliable auto I own..........buy two, because they are that good.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:03:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I got to hold one at a gunshop last week while shopping for a mid-sized 9mm and I was very impressed with it. Good grip, and nice trigger. I am considering buying one but I am also looking at the G19 and XD9, or possibly the M&P, but I am a bit leery of S&W semi-autos and dont like the idea of a mag disconnect. I will wait on the M&P until it gets more use and more reports about it come in. I dont want to be buying a made-over Sigma.

One pistol I was VERY dissapointed with was the FN FNP. It had nothing going for it. Ho-hum grip ergonomics, mushy and gritty trigger and the slide did not operate very smoothly like my M9 or the PX4 did. The PX4 is a very smooth pistol. The FNP looked like a mix between a SIG and a HK externally.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:33:44 PM EDT
[#7]
buddy just picked up a PX4 yesterday.... going to go play with it friday.  Looks nice, but it's not convincing me to run out and trade in my M9.

I HATE that it has a rounded trigger guard.  I didnt notice it with my eyes, but as soon as i picked it up and held it I sure as hell noticed.

It's also no smaller than my M9, and it actuallt FEELS bigger.

I'll wait for it to be a 15rd double stack .45, and if they chamber it for GAP i'll throw my M9 in a lake and never buy the trident again.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:07:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I am normally very jaded when  a new pistol comes out been i the bussiness too long and have seen many flops/gimmicks/plain crap and the vast majority just do not feel right , but i really like these new PX4s we just got um in Im pretty sure im gonna have to buy one

they are smooth out of the box  and the grip isn't fucking huge or weird shaped
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:53:20 PM EDT
[#9]
finally got some trigger time on it today.... (9mm)

it's NICE.  I like it a lot. my only gripes:

i miss the flared trigger guard like on the 92 series
seems to have more muzzle flip than the 92, but not too bad
trigger isnt quite as sharp as the 92, but is the best trigger i've ever seen on a polymer fame gun

overall not bad.  I wouldnt trade my 92 for one, but I like it enough to consider buying one in .45
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:57:38 PM EDT
[#10]
We started selling these Px4s in October of last year and we can't keep them in stock.  I've got a Px4 9mm D series and a Px4 .40 F series.  I have to say that the felt recoil is a lot lighter in that .40 then any other .40 I've shot.  Jay Conners from Beretta says it's because of the rotating barrel, similar to the Cougar.  I've also got the flat grips on it.  These things just don't quit.  I've yet to clean my 9mm and I've easily got 10000 rounds through it with no feed jams.  From the way I understand it, Beretta shot every 9mm round made by the major manufacturers through their first runs before they released the first one to dealers.  I am VERY impressed with this gun and I can't wait til the constant action comes out.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:23:28 PM EDT
[#11]
best pistol i have ever owned. i love the trigger.  this is my first 9mm and man is it a blast.

VERY reliable. not a single problem yet. ive stoped cleaning it... lets see what happens.

i want one in .45acp!

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:12:39 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

One pistol I was VERY dissapointed with was the FN FNP. It had nothing going for it. Ho-hum grip ergonomics, mushy and gritty trigger and the slide did not operate very smoothly like my M9 or the PX4 did. The PX4 is a very smooth pistol. The FNP looked like a mix between a SIG and a HK externally.

held one today myself, I said the same thing to the clerk. he was trying to push it on me, I said, no thanks, I'll take the berettas. even though it was $50.00 cheaper I walked out with a NEW PX4 .40 and a LNIB Centurion. today was a GREAT day

Gary

edit to add : After holding the pistol pictured above this post, I had to buy one. the comfort is unbelieveable. LEgonas, did you get any backstraps with yours? I didn't see anything in the box referring to what the Beretta forums guys are talking about with the free backstraps.

Gary again
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:30:20 PM EDT
[#13]
i didnt get backstraps. i called the number tacked at the top of berettaforum link to thread and it went straight to a person just for these. he went through a long scripted thing (i thought it was a machine! lol) and then he asked me for my serial number and address. said they will be here in like 5 weeks cause there backordered. i called the day after the shoot.

if your gun didnt come iwth them, you can get em free. just call that number. just be prepared to wait. im still waiting.

also, just a little note, the front sight on my PX4 didnt glow in the dark when it had light. beretta is sending me a new one free of charge. i just gave them the serial number through the automated online support system. took like 4 hours for a response. i always find internet support ot be better then over the phone.  when i got it it would glow a bit better (about 1/4th of the sight would glow) but my attempts to "fix" it made it alot worse

rear sights glow in the dark when i hit them with my modded maglite for QUITE a while.

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:50:53 PM EDT
[#14]
HOLY CRAP!!!

mine do glow in the dark!!
I never woulda thunk it.

oh BTW what were your guns you recently got back?

I am looking to unload some glocks :)

Gary
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:21:48 AM EDT
[#15]
So the new Beretta super-polymer uses glow paint instead of tritium for the night sites????????
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:14:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:26:25 PM EDT
[#17]
just wanted to add that my front sight came in yesterday. and ive completely destroyed the old front sight trying to get the damn thing off still on there!

try again today.

i notice now what the problem was with the front sight. the new front sight is filled with some kind of clear epoxy or something to protect the glow paint. the old one was missing this. the rear sights have this and i just now noticed this. that is why all the glow paint fell out of the front sight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top