Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2011 4:32:44 PM EDT
It's a new one. Says 0-3-4. 3 being in middle and bottom.
Link Posted: 8/5/2011 4:48:00 PM EDT
Its also noticable stiffer, is there any benifit to shooting the old 0-3 spring with HST ammo?
Link Posted: 8/6/2011 4:19:21 AM EDT
Much to my surprise one showed up at my house yesterday too. I had forgotten all about it, my 19 has run fine after installing the LWD extractor. I'll pop it in next time I am at the range and see if it changes, for now I am leaving the 04 spring in since I know it works.
Link Posted: 8/6/2011 8:28:27 AM EDT
Got one today too. Old one was marked 0 3. New one is like the OP's...0 3 4 with the three at the bottom. The outer spring is slightly longer on the new one. It had been months since I first called Glock for the replacement.

FWIW, I've only had 1 failure to eject (stovepipe) along with erratic ejection with the 0 3 spring installed (I've got about 600 rounds through it). Thinking of making a quick run to the range today just to see if there is any noticeable improvement with the ejections (stock extractor installed).
Link Posted: 8/6/2011 10:17:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/6/2011 10:24:41 AM EDT by xSleipnirx]
Originally Posted By Tzuriz:
Got one today too. Old one was marked 0 3. New one is like the OP's...0 3 4 with the three at the bottom. The outer spring is slightly longer on the new one. It had been months since I first called Glock for the replacement.

FWIW, I've only had 1 failure to eject (stovepipe) along with erratic ejection with the 0 3 spring installed (I've got about 600 rounds through it). Thinking of making a quick run to the range today just to see if there is any noticeable improvement with the ejections (stock extractor installed).

That actually might be your extractor causing the erratic ejection, it's something that buying a Glock factory part won't fix either due to a new manufacturing method.

Here's a huge thread about it at GlockTalk: Gen4 G19 experiment –– Lone Wolf extractor

It affects recent production Gen 3 as well, and I have one on backorder just to be on the safe side and the problem seems to be limited to the 9mm Glocks only (17/19/26/34).

Link Posted: 8/6/2011 10:44:03 AM EDT

Originally Posted By xSleipnirx:

That actually might be your extractor causing the erratic ejection, it's something that buying a Glock factory part won't fix either due to a new manufacturing method.

Here's a huge thread about it at GlockTalk: Gen4 G19 experiment –– Lone Wolf extractor

It affects recent production Gen 3 as well, and I have one on backorder just to be on the safe side and the problem seems to be limited to the 9mm Glocks only (17/19/26/34).

Yep, I've seen that thread. I should probably just get a LW extractor on backorder as well.
Link Posted: 8/6/2011 12:05:16 PM EDT
The 043 spring is stiffer than the 03?

That seems like a step backwards.
Link Posted: 8/7/2011 12:07:51 PM EDT
So shot the new spring and no FTE or FTF at all out of 50 rounds.

I shot NATO 9mm 124 and 2 mags of 115 WWB.

Both types of ammo had erratic ejection, first time I have noticed it but I was watching for it after hearing other peoples issues with this.

I feel the extractor is the issue as others have mentioned and its not ammo or spring related as the NATO ammo is hot and the WWB is weak. I still 100% trust the gun but you might get a hot shell on your head or to the right.
Link Posted: 8/7/2011 12:54:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/7/2011 12:55:46 PM EDT by navyman8903]
Originally Posted By Magsz18:
The 043 spring is stiffer than the 03?

That seems like a step backwards.

I agree with this. What is the poundage of the spring?

And a Big P.S. to glock..........

WE SHOULDN'T HAVE TO TROUBLE SHOOT YOUR GUNS FOR YOU! FIX THIS SHIT.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:03:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By xSleipnirx:

Yep, I've seen that thread. I should probably just get a LW extractor on backorder as well.

Finally got to the range tonight and I guess its a good thing I went ahead and got the LW extractor on back order because the new 043 spring didn't make any difference that I could notice. I had a stovepiped case about 25 rounds into the session and erratic ejection just like always (ammo was 115gr winchester white box). Anyway, on a positive note, the extended slide release lever I just got worked fine and my grip didn't interfere with it at all.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 8:18:41 PM EDT
Jesus, what is this, like the 8th iteration of Gen4 recoil springs?
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 8:27:23 AM EDT
Is this the extractor you guys are talking about?

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=155971&CAT=136
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 8:56:53 AM EDT

Originally Posted By dookie1481:

2nd I think. For the G19. They've had much for for the 17.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 9:17:32 AM EDT

Originally Posted By JonnyVain:
Is this the extractor you guys are talking about?

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=155971&CAT=136

Yes, that is the one I've got on backorder (albeit through Midway because I was ordering other stuff as well).
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 9:20:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/12/2011 9:24:08 AM EDT by Stegadeth]
Interesting that I should find this thread. Tuesday I had two stovepipes and several ejected rounds landing on my hat. Does this sound like the problem you guys are discussing? If so, how does one get the new spring?

ETA: Checking my pistol, I see I have an 0 3 spring.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 9:34:27 AM EDT

2nd I think. For the G19. They've had much for for the 17.

No this is at least the third spring for the G19, 0-3 was the first i saw which is what mine came with, the 0-4 was the update to that spring, and I got shipped the newest 0-4-3 spring
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 9:35:02 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Stegadeth:
Interesting that I should find this thread. Tuesday I had two stovepipes and several ejected rounds landing on my hat. Does this sound like the problem you guys are discussing? If so, how does one get the new spring?

Could be or could be you as in limp wristing.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 10:47:03 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Sniper_B:

Pretty sure it wasn't me. Looking around a little more and seeing some experiences I think I found the problems: Remington UMC ammo. I had a box of 100 and there are numerous reports out there of it stovepiping. I also went ahead and applied some fine steel wool to my extractor (saw that on another site). I'll see how that worked next week and avoid the Remington UMC.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 12:14:32 PM EDT

Pretty sure it wasn't me. Looking around a little more and seeing some experiences I think I found the problems: Remington UMC ammo. I had a box of 100 and there are numerous reports out there of it stovepiping. I also went ahead and applied some fine steel wool to my extractor (saw that on another site). I'll see how that worked next week and avoid the Remington UMC.

Sounds like the same problems to me. If you call Glock, you should be able to get them to send you the latest recoil spring assembly (for the 19, I'm pretty sure the latest is 0 4 3).

I'm gonna try the steel wool as well.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 12:29:49 PM EDT
If Olympic Arms made polymer pistols, it would be the Gen 4...

Glock needs to fix this Gen 4 issue pronto.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 2:31:50 PM EDT
Gen 3s have the extration issue too now.

Link to steel wool treatment?
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 7:12:08 PM EDT

Gen 3s have the extration issue too now.

Link to steel wool treatment?

It's a few posts up above, so I won't take credit for it, but here it is: Gen4 G19 experiment –– Lone Wolf extractor
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 8:04:02 PM EDT
Do I need to get this with the new extractor, or does my current stock one work?

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=456&TERM=glo-2714
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 10:47:22 PM EDT

A friend on a separate forum just got another revised RSA for his GEN4 23.

Number 0-3-3
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 12:11:42 AM EDT
Do I need to get this with the new extractor, or does my current stock one work?

If your old extractor is a Loaded chamber indicator (LCI) then you do not need that part.
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 7:26:25 PM EDT

Originally Posted By oldschool63:

If your old extractor is a Loaded chamber indicator (LCI) then you do not need that part.

Thanks!
Top Top