Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2003 9:00:34 AM EDT
I just picked up my new baby, Only the best handgun for CCW out there.  Yup, The USP .40C LEM, with n safety/decocker.  It is beautful!!  It also received an incredible fre gift with the Gun.  I got a 50th anniversary Boker H&K Knife.  Only 1000 were made, I got #304.  Now that is a nice little gift huh. It is engraved with the HK logo, and the 50th Anniversary wording on it.  It in a Linerlock Boker, witha  Gold H&K medallion inset on the handle, and has teh same glossy black finish as the 50th Anniversay USP.  I will post a pic of it too later.  I am such a happy boy.  It look sreal nice next to My Stainless USP .40C and my USP .45 Tactical with HK laser.

Link Posted: 7/17/2003 9:08:39 AM EDT
[#1]
SWEET GUN!!!

I want to get a compact USP in 45ACP really bad.

Mil-Spec and RRA AR-15 just emptied the wallet though.  oh well, maybe this Spring.

Enjoy!
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 9:13:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah tell me about it.  My Bushmaster multiplied into 2 guns.  I had purchased the AA .50 Beowulf upper and just swapped it back and forth to my Bushy then got tired and bought a RRA lower from the EE and now all of a sudden I have 2 ARs.  (Not as easy to explain to the wife as 1 gun and some extra parts., But I did last night, I just said, "It is great hunny, you can just build them little by little by finding great deals on parts and peice them together"  )  She is a great wife.  I am gonna hit the range today.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 4:47:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Only the best handgun for CCW out there.  Yup, The USP .40C LEM, with n safety/decocker.  
www.hecklerkoch-usa.com/pages/military/images/usplem_lg.jpg  

Nice gun.  But could you explain what advantage it gives you over, say a 1911?
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 7:24:12 PM EDT
[#4]
WellI could go into a ton of different things, but I have learned that it is all personal preference.  One thing that this has that a 191 does not is the constant trigger pull.  For instane.  If I have a round chambered, the hammer is automatically cocked internally, on the outside it is down, the trigger pull is the exact same for the first round all the way through.  DA only.  The trigger pull is ~5lbs, It is extremely comfortable, perfect size for CCW, (1911 is too big IMO) extremely accurate, looks so good you wanna kiss it, tested so strenuously that if you tried the tests that HK tried with any make 1911 they will explode.  (do a search for the testing that HK does to their USP guns, you will truly be amazed.  Quick easy takedown, reassembly, light.  Those are just a few IMO of course for all you people who just Troll to argue.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 3:17:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I like the HK's very much, however they are not the best carry gun.  I use the MK23 extensivly, and am well aware of what they are capable of.  Your HK versus the 1911 thing is not true.  The 1911 is made of steel, the HK is made of plastic, the HK would "explode" before the 1911.  Your statement about the consistant trigger pull is not right either, the 1911 has the same SA trigger pull with every shot.  The 1911 is not hard to take down, can be had with a rail, and beutey is in the eye of the beholder.  I am not a troll, however I think its a shame when people fall for the gun rag misinformation.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top