Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2006 1:02:49 PM EDT
I got a Desantis OWB belt slide type holster and it just sucks.  It pulls away from my body and so the top of the slide prints really badly.

Here's what I'm looking for -->
1. OWB
2. Strong side, FBI cant
3. Must be available for southpaws (I'm a lefty)
4. Isn't cheap leather or any other crap that'll scratch up the finish unnecessarily.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:53:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Andrews Custom Leather
Milt Sparks Holsters
Welcome to TSC Holsters

they all make some good holsters i really suggest MILT Sparks or ANDREWS they are really nice holsters made to last a long time and be extremly comfortable  good luck
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:46:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I've used a Kramer belt scabbard made from horse hide for several years now... I own a couple hundred rigs for a variety of guns and the Kramer is the best.

I used this rig with a G-23 at Gunsite last year to take Topgun and my E-ticket. I also used it at Chicago FBI survival school and swept the competition. It's quick and concealable (I work plain clothes) They run around $100 but you'll buy one and it'll last you 10 years.

Just my .02
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:07:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 7:35:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 1:26:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Lou makes some amazing stuff doesn't he?  I've got two CQC/S s for my 1911s and LOVE them.  This sounds bad... but I think they're too nice for a Glock.  I just don't see it.  A nice refined leather holster doesn't seem to fit with a Glock.  I love my G19, but it's not that kind of gun to me.  I see it in Nylon or something like that.  Something utilitarian.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:16:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:39:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Rafter s gunleather make a very serviceable owb for 45.00 plus shipping in basic black. You could gelt a belt to match for about the same price. Get a double mag puch for 35ish and you got a full rig for about 150 shipped. wait time is 4 weeks.  If hand boning of the holster is the priority, then go with  the Alessi or another maker such as Milt Sparks. knowing you will have to spend more money for the same holster/belt/kmag carrier set.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:59:28 PM EDT
[#8]

i really suggest MILT Sparks

+1

Excellent holster, well worth the money.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:18:08 PM EDT
[#9]
I've got a Galco Concealable for my USPc that I really like. It hold the gun in close to my body, no 'flop-out'.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:57:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Take a serious look at the Milt Sparks 55 BN. Give Craig a call at Lightning Arms and see if he has one in stock. We have some on order, but it will be a few months before we get them.

Tom

TOP GUN SUPPLY
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:36:01 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I got a Desantis OWB belt slide type holster and it just sucks.  It pulls away from my body and so the top of the slide prints really badly.

Here's what I'm looking for -->
1. OWB
2. Strong side, FBI cant
3. Must be available for southpaws (I'm a lefty)
4. Isn't cheap leather or any other crap that'll scratch up the finish unnecessarily.

I also have a G19 and I am also a lefty, I can tell you it can be a pain in the ass the find a lefty holster in stock.  You can find them but you really have to look but a lot of the time you are going to have to go direct to the manufactuer and have it made.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:33:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Andrews Custom Leather

Here's mine w/G23

teamroper
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top