Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2006 9:08:42 AM EDT
Ok so for my first pistol I purchased an xd40 in 4" barrel, with a galco snot top holsters (leather). now i was wondering would this gun easily conceal or do i need to get another pistol in say a 3" barrel.. thanks for all comments. also were is the best place to get extra mags, and a mag holders for carrying
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:37:55 PM EDT
[#1]
anyone??
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:50:23 PM EDT
[#2]
good gun for CCW. I bought generic Fobus mag holders locally and I got the mags from Dallas Tactical
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 10:06:48 PM EDT
[#3]
You will quickly find that grip thickness/length/shape has much more to do with concealability than barrel length.  I can carry a 5" 1911 equally as well as a 3" 1911.  very little difference other than weight and with the proper rig that is pretty irrellevent as well.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:42:55 AM EDT
[#4]
IMO..Barrel length is not the issue with CCW.  Look at the thickness of the grip.  There is little difference in thickness of the grip with the XD40 service and the XDSC.  Get a good CC holster and you will be fine with the XD service.  

I get my spare mags from Pistol Gear www.pistolgear.com/

I have a Wilderness Tactical horizontal mag pouch for CC and love it!
thewilderness.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/12/products_id/337?osCsid=07006d10c30f2021892eb40174ff9f87
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:58:06 AM EDT
[#5]
i really like that horizontal mag holder... are there ever any problems with it being horizontal such as the mag falling out or anything... sorry i am new to the pistol scene just trying to get the best advice possible
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top