Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/7/2003 5:41:01 PM EDT
I am picking up a new 21 in a few days once my wait is done. Any suggestions for a good tac light. I want to keep this in a nearby nightstand to and will be protection what are the dogs barking at gun. I thought about a M6, or a surefire, but one of my canine officer LEO patients told me that he has had FTF with an M3 on his Glock 40. Any help is appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 6:16:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I like surfire, but perfer a hand held light. That way I don't have to point my gun at EVERYTHING that I point my light at.

Both systems/techinques have their virtures and liabilities. If the light affects the reliablity of the gun to cycle you can change recoil springs to compensate for the greater weight/mass
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 11:19:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a M3 on my 17 for a nightstand gun but for normal carry I use a Surefire 6P. I have never had any trouble out of the M3 on mine. Just my .02.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 7:53:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I dont know if you have your heart set on the Surefire/Streamlight options, but if you are open, the Glock Factory light is made BY Glock, FOR Glock. About $90-$100 beats the hell out of the price tags carried by some of the other lines.

Personally, I have a Streamlight Stinger, and a Surefire M2 Millennium. Both are handheld, both are excellent.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 12:47:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I use the M6, laser/light combo.  Every bit as bright as surefire, and every bit as expensive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top