Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
11/20/2019 5:07:11 PM
Posted: 4/11/2006 4:38:15 PM EST
Would anyone that has gold dot +p+ ammo inform me of something. First of all, does it say +p+ on the casing end, second of all if it doesn't what does it say. Question being i bought some gold dot +p+ from a gun show. It wasn't until today that i noticed that it doesn't say +p+ on the casing. So I turned to the internet to turn up empty handed of finding a pic of the casing end. So I thought I'd post it here. I bought two fifty round bags that stated new ammunition from Georgia Arms. One was nickle plated and the other straight brass. The nickle plated ones say +p on the casing, the brass nothing. My friend who also bought some +p+ in 115gr. in brass, says his casings say the same as mine "9mm Luger" followed by a star, a line, then another star. If someone knows this information, I'd be much appreciative.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:17:36 PM EST
Gold Dot ammo would be from Speers. I thanks you have ammo loaded or reloaded by http://www.georgia-arms.com/pistol.htm ,I do not see Gold Dot in there 9mm but it could be a Gold Dot bullet which is what they are selling you not Gold Dot Ammo, it is not a factory Gold Dot from Speers. Now being they reload the brass might have been shot once or twice, but could be new just not labled the same as factory Speers to say +p+. I would not shoot this in any of my weapons as I do not shoot loads but from big name factory companys, but alot of people do and thier is probably nothing wrong with it and it might be great ammo better then I shoot, but it might not.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:53:30 AM EST
Sigma the casing that's stamped "9MM LUGER" followed by "star" then line then "star" I believe is a shooting star casing. Sorry but I do not have any commercially loaded Speer Gold Dot ammo.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:18:49 AM EST
I've got a commercial speer gold dot round, but mine is only +p.

This one is nickle plated and says "speer" "9mm luger +p"

I have had +p+ rounds in the past, that said +p+ on the headstamp.

This is one of the downsides to buying reloads at a gunshow. Even if they're high quality rounds, the vendor could label them as whatever they think they can sell.

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 11:53:03 AM EST
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:43:22 PM EST
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:41:35 PM EST
Speer has a 115grain +p+ for LE use only..

http://le.atk.com/Interior.asp?section=2&page=pages/ccispeer/ccispeer_GoldDot.asp
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:04:27 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/12/2006 10:05:32 PM EST by ALPHAGHOST]
www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=195949

does anyone know the stats/penetration/reliable expansion of this speer GD load?

this is what i stocked up on...it just says "speer 9mm luger" so i dont think its +P/+P+
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 10:14:55 PM EST

Originally Posted By ireload:
Sigma the casing that's stamped "9MM LUGER" followed by "star" then line then "star" I believe is a shooting star casing. Sorry but I do not have any commercially loaded Speer Gold Dot ammo.

Are you sure? I think this is starline's headstamp.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 11:21:43 PM EST
You can get the 115gr +P+ LE from www.streichers.com
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 5:25:29 AM EST
a 'star line star' headstamp is definately "starline brass". I've used thousands of their 45 colt brass from when I used to shoot Cowboy Action.
Top Top