Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2002 9:38:46 PM EDT
Alright I sold My glock now I have the money available to by a 1911. I know it is going to be a Springfield and I know its going to have a 5 inch barrel. Just a few questions first. I saw this ad on  Gunbroker and I really like the looks of this gun. The only problem is I cant seem to find it on Springfields web site does anybody know if it is still made.

www.forthehunt.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=4201923

Second whats the story with mags. are they all 7 rounds, becuase I see some .45s advertised 7 and others advertised 8. Do they mean 7 in the mag and one in the pipe. Or are they true 8 round mags. Are GI mags good?

I have not been this geeked about getting a gun since my AR-15. I just need to get the run down before buy.

Six
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 2:53:02 AM EDT
[#1]
If you want and answer I can point you to the right person. Go to their site and use the contact. Springfield is better at answering questions than any manufacturer I have ever found. They even monitor many of the boards and contribute to them regularly.
Link Posted: 6/7/2002 6:07:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Dealer here has one in his case right now. Very nice. Was looking at it when I got my new one. Only thing I didnt like was it had standard black sights and I wanted night sights. Very nice gun. Springfield pistols come with 2 7 round mags. You can buy aftermarket 8 round mags. Wilson is the best in my opinion. The Springfiled Professional and TRP come with 8 rnd Wilson mags. I love my new Springfield and plan on sending ti to the custom shop to get re-finshed in black Armory Kote.
Link Posted: 6/8/2002 12:45:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I like it! That's the same Springfield as blued model no. PX9608L, which is listed on Springfield's website, except it has a green teflon coating. The finish is the only difference. That's a good price. The auction ended but he relisted it, ends tomorrow night.

Wilsons are great mags. I like the Chip McCormick Shooting Star 8-round mags too. They're cheaper and they always work for me. Natchez Shooter's Supply has them on sale for Father's Day at $9.53 each. The Wilsons run about $28 each. GI 7-round mags are good, as long as you get true USGI mags and not cheapo gun show ripoffs. The good ones have a NSN stamped on the baseplate.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top