Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2004 8:23:05 PM EDT
Ok, I have seen a few Glocks that have silver slides in place of a black slide. The most recent place that I saw one was in the Bad Boys 2 movie, "movie was not that great". The last time I saw one was a few years ago when an instructor at the academy had one. Where are they getting these things from? My S&W Sigma series has one and to me it looks good. I just wanted to see what models they had them for and how much they are.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:27:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Stainless ones are made by Caspian.

www.caspianarms.com/

Some Glock specialty shops have sold something similar in the past too.

You can also chrome it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:30:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Its the original slide to the gun, just sent off to a gunsmith and had it chromed. Heard its fairly cheap. If your into that kind of thing...
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:56:58 PM EDT
[#3]
The ones that I have seen are not chrome. My S&W is more like an aluminized silver or a satin finish.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 9:27:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Your S&W is most likely matte stainless. But most Glock slides are either hard chrome or MP3 coted. Hard chrome isn't always shiney, most of the time people blast them to matte the finish a little and MP3 is dull buy nature. It should cost you about $100 but the Glock finish is just as good if not better; it'll never flake.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:06:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Your S&W is most likely matte stainless. But most Glock slides are either hard chrome or MP3 coted. Hard chrome isn't always shiney, most of the time people blast them to matte the finish a little and MP3 is dull buy nature. It should cost you about $100 but the Glock finish is just as good if not better; it'll never flake.

My understanding is Glock doesnt use a finish, its paint over a proprietary hardening process called Tennifer. I'll check into it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:07:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Buddy of mine just took off the sights and slapped it on a 7hp polishing wheel and in 30min had a glock you  could see your self in ! He did a few more for people after that and found the the Gen 2 and 3's dont come out as shiny , but had a nice dull look to them. Just food for thought .....
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:11:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My understanding is Glock doesnt use a finish, its paint over a proprietary hardening process called Tennifer. I'll check into it.

And yes it is an tennifer over coat, in armors school they told us the tennifer penetrates the metal, so if use did polish I,t the protection of the tennifer is still there. You do however void all warranties from Glock on the slide. But a refinishing job would also void it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 12:50:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Why would you want to have a Glock slide refinished? Just for looks?? The tennifer is the best finish out there anyways.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:44:38 PM EDT
[#9]
I was just trying to find out what kind of slides where on their guns. The gun my instructor had, I believe it was purchased from Glock with that slide, or the slide was a add on. It was not polished by anyone. Keep in mind that this was back in 1998 when I was in school. I just thought it was funny to see the same looking gun in the Bad Boys 2 movie that is carried by Will Smith.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:58:03 PM EDT
[#11]
I was in the Movie, it was hard chromed, so was the H&K. Glock armorer also, tenifer process. It could have been better, they cut out lots of scenes.  They shootout scene where they chase the Haitian posse was actually better than Heat w/ Pacino and Deniro.  Ended up on the cutting room floor. Too bad!

One shot, One kill.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:31:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Yea, if you pay attention to the last scene in the mine field, Will Smith's Sig turns into a Glock, or mabye the other way around, but it was a boo-boo.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 9:48:16 PM EDT
[#13]
I saw on another forum where the guy does it for 45.00 i think. I think the forum is hs2000talk.com or something like that
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top