Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2003 11:54:50 PM EDT
How do I convert my Glock trigger from a 5lb pull to a 3.5lb pull?

Do I only need a 3.5lb connector?
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 1:35:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Yep
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 12:08:34 PM EDT
[#2]
actually the 5# connector in a stock glock results in about a 5.5# pull.  the 3.5# connector will be about 4.5# (these are what i have measured on one of my new glocks using a Lyman guage)

with some work, you can get it down to 2# using stock parts.

here's some info from Glockmeister on differnt trigger combos:
glockmeister.com/triggers.shtml
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 12:42:37 PM EDT
[#3]
With a polished 3.5# connector you can get in the 3#-3.5# range. The fit of the trigger bar makes some difference. I always buy a few trigger bars and swap the out till I find the best fit.

After that you can respring the gun with a glockmeister competition trigger spring, and a reduced power striker spring. With this combination you will still be able to reliably light any primer including small rifle. Now you'll be in the 2.25-2.5# range. If you go one step further with a skeltonized striker you will need to use federal primers only.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 11:31:02 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
actually the 5# connector in a stock glock results in about a 5.5# pull.  the 3.5# connector will be about 4.5# (these are what i have measured on one of my new glocks using a Lyman guage)

I added a 3.5 connector from Lone Wolf to my 21 & I really can't tell the difference.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 7:26:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I use a 3.5 and I can tell a difference.
Trigger pull is right where I like it.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 5:46:07 PM EDT
[#6]
My competition gun has a 3.5# connector and a stock trigger spring. My carry gun has a 3.5# connector and a NY1 trigger spring. I have tried a reduced power striker spring in only one gun but I did have reliability issues with it. YMMV.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 12:48:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I added a 3.5 connector from Lone Wolf to my 21 & I really can't tell the difference.

try using a stock 3.5 connector.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top