Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/7/2003 4:37:54 PM EDT
Hello all-

I recently bought a new Glock 21C, and am having some trouble. No matter what i do, i cannot get the slide to release from the frame. I don't know if there's a defect or if the problem is me, but following the instructions for dissasembly 100% isn't working. The slide won't come loose or forward off of the frame, after about 1000 times of trying. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-D
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 4:42:08 PM EDT
[#1]
What are the first three letters of the serial number? Second, make sure that the trigger is not in the forward position before attempting to dissasemble.

Does the slide move at all forward and stop at a certain point before completly dismounting, or does it not budge at all?
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 4:45:10 PM EDT
[#2]
The first 3 letters are FHU. I've made sure that the trigger is in the fired position. As for the slide, it won't budge past the point of locking back into place.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 4:48:19 PM EDT
[#3]
You are forcing the slide back 1/4" while simultaneously pulling the thingamajig downward, right?
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 4:49:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, i am. I've shot, cleaned, and dissasembled/reassembled a freinds model 19 and didn't have any trouble.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 4:57:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 4:59:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, just purchased brand new as of yesterday. I went through all the steps, but sliding the frame forward it won't come loose or past the point of locking into place.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 5:00:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Also this is the first time i've attempted to dissasemble the gun.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 5:07:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Try this - this is common with NY1 or NY2 trigger springs.

A: Show clear and ensure empty chamber. <--- VERY IMPORTANT!
B: Dry fire.
C: Pull back on slide slightly and pull down takedown levers.

If the slide moves forward slowly and does not want to come off the frame, while pulling the trigger back - attempt to remove the slide.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 5:12:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Out of curiosity, what are NY1 and NY2 trigger springs? I tried those steps, but still nothing. The slide moves forward just like it's being cocked, and won't move past being locked into place.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 5:27:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Out of curiosity, what are NY1 and NY2 trigger springs? I tried those steps, but still nothing. The slide moves forward just like it's being cocked, and won't move past being locked into place.

They're incredibly heavy trigger springs that makes democrats happy and your groupings stink.

Hmm. Are you sure that the trigger is all the way back before you pull down the takedown levers? I've made the mistake of attempting disassembly with the trigger forward.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 5:30:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, im positive the trigger is all the way back. I've gone through it about 3 thousand times now. Anyhow, i guess i may just have to take it back by the shop tomorrow and see whats up with the darn thing.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 5:32:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Well in the concept of being a nice guy....

I've got my cellphone around the house somewhere and my glocks in the trunk of my car if you want to attempt some type of tech support in reverse. I had help with my Kimber when I first got it, so I've got to "pay it forward".
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 5:35:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks, i appreciate it. I'll grab my cell from my car. My name is Daniel, by the way. Thanks for the replies.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 5:41:33 PM EDT
[#14]
My cell # is 213-804-1442 if you or anyone feels a need to lend a hand if possible. Thanks!

Daniel
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 5:54:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks once again, DukeOfUrl for your help. I apprecaite it.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 8:51:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Well, did you get the slide off?  Did Dukeofurl help you out?  What was wrong?

I just purchased a Glock 19 on Saturday and broke it down and cleaned it last night with out a problem but I have been watching this thread just in case.  

Give us an update.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 10:28:07 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Well, did you get the slide off?  Did Dukeofurl help you out?  What was wrong?

I just purchased a Glock 19 on Saturday and broke it down and cleaned it last night with out a problem but I have been watching this thread just in case.  

Give us an update.

He got it off. No more problems.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 10:48:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Duke can I call you if I have any issues with my new Glock?
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 10:54:42 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Well, maybe....what's the problem?
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 11:13:42 AM EDT
[#20]
What cool group of people... pleaseing to see the consideration.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 11:23:01 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, maybe....what's the problem?

No problem, I just thought it was cool that you helped him out like that.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 8:35:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Yes, Duke helped me.(Thanks again) It wasn't a gun problem, more of a "wtf wasn't i doing that to begin with" problem.  
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 9:00:20 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Yes, Duke helped me.(Thanks again) It wasn't a gun problem, more of a "wtf wasn't i doing that to begin with" problem.  

Oh I've been there plenty of times!  It's nice to know that there are others willing to help.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 10:38:58 AM EDT
[#24]
>>Out of curiosity, what are NY1 and NY2 trigger springs?<<
NY-1 and -2 springs are replacement springs that are more durable than the standard spring and provide a more positive reset in exchange for a slightly heavier trigger pull.  Lots of combat shooters prefer them.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 5:46:58 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
>>Out of curiosity, what are NY1 and NY2 trigger springs?<<
NY-1 and -2 springs are replacement springs that are more durable than the standard spring and provide a more positive reset in exchange for a slightly heavier trigger pull.  Lots of combat shooters prefer them.

Personally I think they suck. There's more of a chance to jerk the trigger before the overly heavy trigger breaks than there is a benefit to the arguably faster reset.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top