Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/23/2017 9:33:12 AM EDT
Other than polishing my contact points on my Glock carry guns I keep everything factory. I may change the connector to another factory Glock part but nothing on any of them is from an aftermarket company. 

What mods have you done to your carry Glock?

Just looking for opinions on triggers really. Id like to get a better trigger feel going on but afraid to mess with the reliability 
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:36:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Night sights
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:39:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I have shot it.  A lot.  

I have cleaned it.  Occasionally. 

It already had XS big dot night sights on it when I bought it (used of course).  

Before it was my carry gun I had it tricked out with a fancy pants trigger, guide rod, etc.... so my daughter could shoot IDPA with a "trick" gun,

when she moved out, it went back to boring stock....    I like boring.   
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:43:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Sights.  Mags.  Holsters.  Weapon light.  Shoot it.  Clean it sometimes, more to get debris from carry out than get it "clean."

I don't need or want my working guns to be "tricked out."  All looks and no advantage on making fast hits and I don't want anything to do with it.  I shoot the stock trigger damn well.  I've been considering the roland special idea as I can see having less muzzle rise would make for faster shooting.  I can also see how a RDS can help if you are willing to put in the time.  I shoot irons well enough at defensive ranges that a RDS is probably not worth it compared to the costs associated (sight, milling, practice time, holsters, etc).
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:43:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Put ammo in it
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:47:59 AM EDT
[#5]
My Glock 26:
Ameriglo Night Sights
APEX Trigger
APEX Plunger
APEX Extractor
Dues Ex Machina OEM+ Tool Steel Striker
Glock OEM plunger, striker, and trigger spring
Glock OEM DOT Connector
Glock OEM Standard Slide Stop
Vickers Tactical Mag Release
Very light polish job by hand.

Most of the components above do nothing for improving "performance" as far as trigger pull weight, pre-travel, over-travel, etc. I personally do not like some of the MIM parts glock uses as I had issues with the stainless coating flaking off fairly quickly (never had one break though). Hence why they were replaced with just better material parts. I also am not a huge fan of Glock's plastic trigger and prefer a metal one. The APEX trigger is one of the only aftermarket triggers out there that provides little to no change in regards to the trigger pull outside of the its flat geometry. Which is a good thing. Passes all safety checks and still retains a very good sear engagement with the striker.

I think many Glock users have come full circle when it comes to "tricking" out their glocks. I know I have. I have been through the ringer when it comes to aftermarket. The most important thing I got out of it, is learning how most of it is is all excess stuff, not needed, and the peace of mind of simply going back to mostly stock components and spring arrangements.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:50:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Night sights and a holster.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:55:58 AM EDT
[#7]
1,000 round trigger job, dot connector, NY1 spring and a relatively small and unnoticeable magwell on the way.  

I initially didn't want anything other than Glock parts, but I hit my mag at the back of the magwell a few times and decided I needed an extended magwell.   I think I wound up with the agency arms 19 gen4 for the large backstrap.

Now I'm tempted to get the Overwatch Precision trigger, but like I said, I like keeping Glock parts on it.  My reset causes the gun to move a little while I'm dryfiring, I was hoping a new trigger would help.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:23:31 AM EDT
[#8]
I carried a G23 for the last five years but recently switched back to a 19. Same mods to each: minus connector, bickers mag release, raven magwell, night sights, usually an x-300. I am trying out the Roland special style comp setup once my mini comp shows up.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:23:41 AM EDT
[#9]
I carry G26. The only thing I do to my carry piece is tritium night sights and a .25 trigger job.

It's reliable.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:40:13 AM EDT
[#10]
G19.4
Heinie NS
G17 smooth face trigger bar
Glock "-" minus connector
6# trigger reset spring
Ligher striker block spring
Surefire XC1 WML
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:40:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Don't fuck with it.

Put NS and perhaps a light on it and choot it
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:50:49 AM EDT
[#12]
OEM Minus Connector
Reduced Safety Plunger Spring
Brass Grip Plug Weight

The grip plug weight is the greatest thing ever, cuts recoil dramatically and handles better.

Stock Glock trigger a tad too heavy for my liking.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:26:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Here are the two that I often carry:

This one has the the Agency Arms Bells & Whistles, plus a Trijicon RMR, Tall Trijicon Night Sights, Backup Tactical OD Green Threaded Barrel w/ their ODG Honeycomb Thread Protector

This one is all factory except for the FDE Trijicon RMR, Tall Trijicon Night Sights, Backup Tactical FDE Threaded Barrel w/ their FDE Frag Thread Protector

Here's the holster:

Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:35:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted: Night sights
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:38:53 PM EDT
[#15]
In all honesty there really are no good Glock triggers. I love my Glocks, but it isn't for the trigger. The design makes it very hard to do much with it in terms of improvement. You can do a lot more with an M&P trigger (different design). Even though I usually carry a G19, I picked up a CZ P-10 C, and man is the trigger unreal! Here is a little review I just wrote:

Glock 19 Guy Spends Quality Time with the CZ P-10 C
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:39:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Nothing. A stock gun is the best thing to shoot someone with, if you gotta go to court. A lawyer will argue that by modifying your pistol, you intended or wanted to kill someone by making your gun "more deadly", or "more murdery".
My .02. I'm not  a lawyer.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:48:02 PM EDT
[#17]
I upgrade the sights and maybe add Talon Grips or similar. They NEED nothing more.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:04:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Extended slide stop lever, night sights, and a minus connector.  I also took the finger grooves/bumps off my 19.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:07:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:09:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Nothing. A stock gun is the best thing to shoot someone with, if you gotta go to court. A lawyer will argue that by modifying your pistol, you intended or wanted to kill someone by making your gun "more deadly", or "more murdery".
View Quote
I'm a lawyer. Used to be the kind that put people in prison. I have never seen a lawyer actually make that argument. A good shoot is a good shoot.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:12:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
In all honesty there really are no good Glock triggers. I love my Glocks, but it isn't for the trigger. The design makes it very hard to do much with it in terms of improvement. You can do a lot more with an M&P trigger (different design). Even though I usually carry a G19, I picked up a CZ P-10 C, and man is the trigger unreal! Here is a little review I just wrote:

Glock 19 Guy Spends Quality Time with the CZ P-10 C
View Quote
I had to send my P10c back to CZ... only got to put 750 rounds through it before the slide release spring on the left hand side jumped out of its recess and jammed in between the frame and locking block. I do really like it too and really agree with you on the trigger. Bummed out. Though my Glocks have been holding true since I have owned them, they do not feel as good in the hand as the P10c did.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:30:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Here are the two that I often carry:

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4401/35950199323_2ed6b978bd_b.jpg

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4359/35950199763_370dd22a61_b.jpg

This one has the the Agency Arms Bells & Whistles, plus a Trijicon RMR, Tall Trijicon Night Sights, Backup Tactical OD Green Threaded Barrel w/ their ODG Honeycomb Thread Protector

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4344/35950200493_6da9876176_b.jpg

This one is all factory except for the FDE Trijicon RMR, Tall Trijicon Night Sights, Backup Tactical FDE Threaded Barrel w/ their FDE Frag Thread Protector

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4409/35950200883_1c95e37a68_b.jpg

Here's the holster:

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4405/35950443833_9148797344_b.jpg
View Quote
Put your damn Plasma Pistols away

This is a Glock-thread

(Jealous)
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:42:22 PM EDT
[#23]
night sights, SS guide rod (lone wolf) and titanium pin set.  The trigger has always been great on my G21.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:58:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'm a lawyer. Used to be the kind that put people in prison. I have never seen a lawyer actually make that argument. A good shoot is a good shoot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not gonna argue with you, but out of curiosity, How many "Good shoot" cases have involved a modified weapon? I'm not trying to be funny, just wondering.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:03:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Not gonna argue with you, but out of curiosity, How many "Good shoot" cases have involved a modified weapon? I'm not trying to be funny, just wondering.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have no idea. Of the cases I have been involved with or observed, the only thing about the weapon that was examined was to ensure that it in fact functioned. Most of the time the prosecutor doesn't even learn what kind of firearm or even caliber when determining good shoot or not. The only time I have ever seen modification be an issue is if an officer's weapon was modified in a way not agency approved. The results there were internal disciplinary actions if anything at all.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:33:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
People say that but is there any precedence for it?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:55:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
Hah, no.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 5:08:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
The whole modified gun thing is internet lure.  Cite me one case it has been used please.  I have actually searched and done my research their are no case.  Also watch the George Zimmerman trial where the forensic gun expert testifies.

If you do not know what you are talking about why are you perpetuating something you have no knowledge on?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 5:14:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 5:15:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The whole modified gun thing is internet lure.  Cite me one case it has been used please.  I have actually searched and done my research their are no case.  Also watch the George Zimmerman trial where the forensic gun expert testifies.

If you do not know what you are talking about why are you perpetuating something you have no knowledge on?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It has been raised at least one by a laweyer in open court. Yes this is a cop and now exactly what we would face but its been raised before.

“Inscripted on the officer’s gun, and I hate to use profanity, but it said, “you’re f*****,”’ Laney Sweet, Daniel Shaver’s wife said....
“That statement tells me this is a person who’s enthusiastic about killing people,” Marc Victor, lawyer for Sweet and her late husband, argued. “That’s what that inscription means.”
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2016/03/robert-farago/cops-ar-15-dust-cover-inscription-used-against-him-in-court/
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 5:21:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Functional mods are one thing. Writing nasty grams to the people you shoot on your gun is stupid.

I add a beaver tail, buzz the finger grooves, add ameriglos and a flat trigger.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 5:29:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Admittedly, I have not done much research on the topic (my apologies). But I just read this article about it. Decent read if you got the time.

https://armedcitizensnetwork.org/gun-modifications
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 5:32:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Novak sights. Black rear, front Novak night sight. Tried extended slide releases and magazine releases on all my Gen 4. Went back to OEM after this experiment. G17 Gen 3 still kept Glock extended magazine release.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 5:40:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
The answer to any of that nonsense is always..."If it is good enough for professionals (or insert LEOs, Military, etc), than it is good enough for me to protect myself and my family. When it comes to our protection, I only use the best." Anyone on a Jury would be like..."yep, that makes perfect sense."
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 5:44:10 PM EDT
[#35]
The G3-17 got a factory minus connector with polished the trigger components, Glock night sights, and undercut the trigger guard in 2 spots. The G4-19 is Glock night sights, polished trigger components, undercut trigger guard for middle finger only. The G43 got Glock night sights.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:06:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Warren Tactical night sights and Vickers slide stop levers.

I never really got the whole trigger thing. The only time I could tell the difference between my 1911s and my Glocks was when i was finger banging them at home. At the range, a trigger is a trigger. Once a few explosions go off in your hand, your brain is busy thinking about other things. 
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:09:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Warren Tactical fiber optic sight.
Grip plug
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:28:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
My Glock 26:
Ameriglo Night Sights
APEX Trigger
APEX Plunger
APEX Extractor
Dues Ex Machina OEM+ Tool Steel Striker
Glock OEM plunger, striker, and trigger spring
Glock OEM DOT Connector
Glock OEM Standard Slide Stop
Vickers Tactical Mag Release
Very light polish job by hand.

Most of the components above do nothing for improving "performance" as far as trigger pull weight, pre-travel, over-travel, etc. I personally do not like some of the MIM parts glock uses as I had issues with the stainless coating flaking off fairly quickly (never had one break though). Hence why they were replaced with just better material parts. I also am not a huge fan of Glock's plastic trigger and prefer a metal one. The APEX trigger is one of the only aftermarket triggers out there that provides little to no change in regards to the trigger pull outside of the its flat geometry. Which is a good thing. Passes all safety checks and still retains a very good sear engagement with the striker.

I think many Glock users have come full circle when it comes to "tricking" out their glocks. I know I have. I have been through the ringer when it comes to aftermarket. The most important thing I got out of it, is learning how most of it is is all excess stuff, not needed, and the peace of mind of simply going back to mostly stock components and spring arrangements.
View Quote
Stainless coating....what's that?
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 12:23:54 AM EDT
[#39]
If somebody kicks in your front door, it doesn't matter what you shoot them with.

I think an on duty police officer is a completely different story.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:49:12 AM EDT
[#40]
I went full retard and am loving it. 

Attachment Attached File

I had the slide milled for an RMR. 
I added a TLR1HL.
I undercut the trigger guard. 
I dremeled/sanded off the finger grooves and stippled the frame.
I added a 3.5 connector, competition trigger spring and gen 3 trigger. 
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:58:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Warren Tactical night sights and Vickers slide stop levers.

I never really got the whole trigger thing. The only time I could tell the difference between my 1911s and my Glocks was when i was finger banging them at home. At the range, a trigger is a trigger. Once a few explosions go off in your hand, your brain is busy thinking about other things. 
View Quote
Hmmm, it has a massive effect on accuracy for me. I start with a factory trigger, make an improvement that lightens the trigger, my groups tighten up. Make another improvement, my groups tighten up etc.

The difference is most pronounced with scoped rifles at distance. Start with a 6 lb trigger on a rifle and work you way down to 1.5 lbs, and it is a different world. But it is pretty noticeable on pistols too for me.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 10:56:18 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Admittedly, I have not done much research on the topic (my apologies). But I just read this article about it. Decent read if you got the time.

https://armedcitizensnetwork.org/gun-modifications
View Quote
Under the logic of that article adding a light to a weapon they would draw the conclusion that you added the light so that you could identify your target so that you could more easily land kill shots.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 10:58:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

It has been raised at least one by a laweyer in open court. Yes this is a cop and now exactly what we would face but its been raised before.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2016/03/robert-farago/cops-ar-15-dust-cover-inscription-used-against-him-in-court/
View Quote
Adding something like you are fucked on a defensive pistol is much different than trigger mods, WML, different sights, and etc.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 2:53:35 PM EDT
[#44]
https://preview.ibb.co/jq5NxQ/IMG_6006.jpg

Zev trilo slide
Zev blacked out comwitness sights
Talon grip
Apl

Everything else is oem and the oem slide with night sights can be swapped on whenever I want.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 2:59:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Hmmm, it has a massive effect on accuracy for me. I start with a factory trigger, make an improvement that lightens the trigger, my groups tighten up. Make another improvement, my groups tighten up etc.

The difference is most pronounced with scoped rifles at distance. Start with a 6 lb trigger on a rifle and work you way down to 1.5 lbs, and it is a different world. But it is pretty noticeable on pistols too for me.
View Quote
And I may notice if I'm slow firing. This was done with my Glock 17 Gen 4 at 7 yds firing a round every 3/4 of a second to a second. My 1911 target would look the same. It was a Dan Wesson Valor and it had a phenomenal trigger.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 3:40:16 PM EDT
[#46]
I used to just change to night sights, but after having a longslide glock with the extended slide lock and take down, I now put those on all of them.  I don't like the extended mag release.  It makes bad things happen at the worst times.  The smooth butt plug keeps the hole filled.  Even Glocks like to be happy. 

I will add that as my eyes get older than fuck, I am thinking that fiber optic sight would be much more useful than night sights.  When I finally try a set, that is gonna be an expensive day. 
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 5:44:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Work G22
Extended components
Agency Mag well

Personal G27
Extended components
Burnt Bronze Slide
TiN Barrel
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 6:19:42 PM EDT
[#48]
G19c Gen 3

Ameriglo orange/green sights
Wolf slide lock lever
Vickers extended slide release
Vickers extended mag release
Grip tape
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 7:35:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
https://preview.ibb.co/jnOEbk/IMG_5885.jpg

Zev trilo slide
Zev blacked out comwitness sights
Talon grip
Apl

Everything else is oem and the oem slide with night sights can be swapped on whenever I want.
View Quote
Haven't seen that Glock model before.  How many did they make?
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:28:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Under cut trigger guard
ZEV barrel and mag release
ZEV magwell
Ghost slide release
G17 smooth face trigger bar
Ghost 3.5 connector
6# trigger reset spring
Ligher striker block spring

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top