Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 9/28/2011 2:59:43 PM EDT
I just bought a new Gen4 19 today and it came with a thin layer of gold colored grease in the rails of the slide. I usually clean a new gun as soon as I buy it but the store had a range in it and couldn't wait so I shot 50 rounds. The guy at the store told me though to shoot it til the gold goes away before I clean it the first time. Anybody know if this is right or if it has any special purpose. This is my first Glock so no experience with them but I love this G19.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 3:07:05 PM EDT
That golden grease is permatex anti seize nothing more. Used for break in only.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 3:08:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/28/2011 4:57:23 PM EDT by gqllc]
You do know there is a new ejector and recoil guide rod for your Gen 4 G19. Besides that you can shoot the G19 just the way it is or clean it off and lube it sparingly like the manual shows.
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1369607
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1371946
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 6:59:13 PM EDT
looks like this HERE
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 11:26:43 AM EDT
How many break in rounds before removing it? I have heard 300.

Originally Posted By P08:
That golden grease is permatex anti seize nothing more. Used for break in only.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 11:59:30 AM EDT
Not sure, I don't usually clean Glocks.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 3:35:16 PM EDT
Just personnal preferance, but I always clean that stuff out first.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 12:30:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/30/2011 12:38:07 PM EDT by Checkmate762]
It’s a copper-based anti-seize compound. I don’t bother removing it. I usually run a bore snake through the barrel then shoot the piss out of it. After the first outing I’ll clean and lube per the manual.

eta: Welcome! You may not realize this yet, but when you walked out of the gun store with that little Glock 19 you were infected with a disease. Don’t believe me? Sit back and watch these things multiply! haha Enjoy!

eta2: They’re like Gremlins… keep them away from water, bright light, and never feed them after midnight! hahaha (i had to!)
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:21:12 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Checkmate762:
It’s a copper-based anti-seize compound. I don’t bother removing it. I usually run a bore snake through the barrel then shoot the piss out of it. After the first outing I’ll clean and lube per the manual.

eta: Welcome! You may not realize this yet, but when you walked out of the gun store with that little Glock 19 you were infected with a disease. Don’t believe me? Sit back and watch these things multiply! haha Enjoy!

eta2: They’re like Gremlins… keep them away from water, bright light, and never feed them after midnight! hahaha (i had to!)

Yeah I've already come to the conclusion that I love Glocks so hopefully it dosn't multiply to fast.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 6:29:25 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Checkmate762:

Too late for me, I am infected now, . Darn you Glock! To think I shun polymer guns all my life and then you showed up.

I just cleaned the gun per manual and started to shoot it. Awesome pistol. Mine is a Gen 3 G 19 for $ 489 from a local gun shop. I love this gun. Maybe by Christmas I'll get another G 19 or a G 17.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 7:33:24 PM EDT
just shoot it. When you are done shooting just do your normal cleaning and dont over lube.
Top Top