Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2011 2:59:43 PM EDT
I just bought a new Gen4 19 today and it came with a thin layer of gold colored grease in the rails of the slide.  I usually clean a new gun as soon as I buy it but the store had a range in it and couldn't wait so I shot 50 rounds.  The guy at the store told me though to shoot it til the gold goes away before I clean it the first time.  Anybody know if this is right or if it has any special purpose.  This is my first Glock so no experience with them but I love this G19.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 3:07:05 PM EDT
[#1]
That golden grease is permatex anti seize nothing more. Used for break in only.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 3:08:53 PM EDT
[#2]
You do know there is a new ejector and recoil guide rod for your Gen 4 G19. Besides that you can shoot the G19 just the way it is or clean it off and lube it sparingly like the manual shows.
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1369607
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1371946
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 6:59:13 PM EDT
[#3]
looks like this HERE
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 11:26:43 AM EDT
[#4]
How many break in rounds before removing it? I have heard 300.

Quoted:
That golden grease is permatex anti seize nothing more. Used for break in only.

Link Posted: 9/29/2011 11:59:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Not sure, I don't usually clean Glocks.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 3:35:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Just personnal preferance, but I always clean that stuff out first.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 12:30:22 PM EDT
[#7]
It’s a copper-based anti-seize compound. I don’t bother removing it. I usually run a bore snake through the barrel then shoot the piss out of it. After the first outing I’ll clean and lube per the manual.

eta: Welcome! You may not realize this yet, but when you walked out of the gun store with that little Glock 19 you were infected with a disease. Don’t believe me? Sit back and watch these things multiply! haha Enjoy!

eta2: They’re like Gremlins… keep them away from water, bright light, and never feed them after midnight! hahaha (i had to!)
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:21:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It’s a copper-based anti-seize compound. I don’t bother removing it. I usually run a bore snake through the barrel then shoot the piss out of it. After the first outing I’ll clean and lube per the manual.

eta: Welcome! You may not realize this yet, but when you walked out of the gun store with that little Glock 19 you were infected with a disease. Don’t believe me? Sit back and watch these things multiply! haha Enjoy!

eta2: They’re like Gremlins… keep them away from water, bright light, and never feed them after midnight! hahaha (i had to!)

Yeah I've already come to the conclusion that I love Glocks so hopefully it dosn't multiply to fast.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 6:29:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Too late for me, I am infected now, .  Darn you Glock!  To think I shun polymer guns all my life and then you showed up.

I just cleaned the gun per manual and started to shoot it.  Awesome pistol.  Mine is a Gen 3 G 19 for $ 489 from a local gun shop.  I love this gun.  Maybe by Christmas I'll get another G 19 or a G 17.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 7:33:24 PM EDT
[#10]
just shoot it.  When you are done shooting just do your normal cleaning and dont over lube.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top