Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2006 8:33:23 PM EDT
Whos makes that external safety for glocks

I believe glocks are safe just as they are.  My reason for wanting the safety is in case a bad guy gets my gun from me or someone breaks into my car.  Ive even got older nephews I would have to worry about sneaking my keys out and getting into my car just to be nosy.

What are opinions on this safety.  Is there any danger of it messing up and rendering my carry gun useless??

has anyone got a lot of rounds down the pipe of a glock fixed up with one

Im looking to put it on my Glock 33.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:46:00 AM EDT
[#1]
My main concearn would be your nephews.  That safety isn't going to keep them safe.  I would think a trigger lock would be a better idea for that situation.  I am not trying to bust your balls but if you feel your glock needs that manual safety then I would look into other guns.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:17:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Buy another brand pistol. Glock wasnt designed for external safety. Pistol whip the boys as a lesson not to play w/ guns. Better than consequences of AD. Serious, if your that worried about the boys... Some tough gun lessons are in order. -Justin
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:24:18 AM EDT
[#3]
get trigger locks if your that worried.
You won't want a revolver. no safeties
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:31:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Is this what your referring to????????????????

www.clipdraw.com/saftblok.html

Mike
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:32:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:53:03 AM EDT
[#6]
A safety is a mechanical device designed to reduce the chance of a negligent discharge.
Safeties can and will fail.

If they can get to the gun, they can remove the safety.

Lock it up. A safety won't make it any safer. Relying on it to keep you safe is asking for trouble.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:48:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:29:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:01:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Let me rephrase my first post.

Quoted:
My main reason for wanting the safety is in case a bad guy gets my gun from me.

I have read a few things by Masaad Ayoob (spelling) about how a bad guy can shoot you with your own gun in like two seconds if it has no safety, but the average felon on an adrenaline high can take up to 17 seconds to shoot you if he has to find a safety he is not familiar with.  Since most people know glocks dont have a safety, a small discreet safety would give me time to pull my wifes pistol from her purse or run like Michael Jackson to a preschool.

The nephews are not my main concern.  They know how to handle guns and know not to touch mine, just they are boys.  Also the safety would keep me feeling a litter better about Accidental Discharges during concealed carry ( hey even holsters can have stuff get in them), someone or a kid grabbing me by the waste in play, or just less chance a paramedic will shoot himself with it if im in a car wreck.

The safety block is not what I was looking for, but thanks for reminding me of it.  It might do and I know it doesnt change the operation or reliability of my gun.

Im not looking ot get a gun with a safety.  I dont like any of such carry options and surely dont know of any the size of a glock 26,27,33 with a safety.  Not to say I wouldnt carry a 1911 cocked and locked, just Im too small to hide one.  I know theres a lot of glock purists out there and I agree that my carry gun will be bone stock, but an external safety is a consideration for me ONLY if its mechanically fail proof.

Someone has to know who made this thing?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:27:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Yes,  Cominolli makes an external safety for the Glocks. It is similar to the one used on the G17S(in looks only). I think before I installed one I would get a single gun safe and bolt in under the seat. I don't like the idea of cutting my frame.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 1:51:26 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes,  Cominolli makes an external safety for the Glocks. It is similar to the one used on the G17S(in looks only). I think before I installed one I would get a single gun safe and bolt in under the seat. I don't like the idea of cutting my frame.

Beyond the fact that the Cominolli safety, in my experience, is horrible. It's very easy to swipe on by mistake, and it eats the hell out of my hand when firing. (I don't have one, but I have installed a few for customers. Overall opinion was that they didn't like it after the fact. They are now stuck with guns that are difficult to get rid of.)
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:37:23 PM EDT
[#12]
if you want a gun with a safety, then buy a different gun.  Glocks are great guns, but there are great guns out there that have safeties and aren't made by glock.  IMHO, let the glock be a glock, as their trigger system has advantages that other's don't.  I have found that I'm faster out of a holster with a glock than I am with any other system.  I believe this to be true for two reasons.  The trigger just works for me, and they point naturally for me.  I have other pistols, and they all work well, as long as you remember to practice with them.  My hk also works well, and the only feature that it has that I wish glocks had:  A big slide release.  That's my only peeve with glock.  Their slide release sucks!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:18:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Beyond the fact that the Cominolli safety, in my experience, is horrible. It's very easy to swipe on by mistake, and it eats the hell out of my hand when firing. (I don't have one, but I have installed a few for customers. Overall opinion was that they didn't like it after the fact. They are now stuck with guns that are difficult to get rid of.)

Thanks.  Thats what I was looking to hear.  Guess its a NO-GO for me too then.  I just remember seeing it in some gun magazine about 2 years ago and they had nothing but praises for it.... now who would think a gun magazine didnt know what it was talkin about
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top