Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2001 11:33:16 AM EDT
Dollar per dollar Glock will always come out the winner. I've have them both and can honestly say that I think Glock is by far a better value. I used to compete with a HK USP45 until I noticed that nobody else's gun jammed on the line. I thought it was normal for a gun to jam every now and then. Not so as I soon found. Another reason I have is that my HK barrel had to be replaced after only 5,000 rounds. Hard to believe huh. It's the Gods Honest truth.
There are many other gun makes out there that deserve respect. Keep an open mind the next time you go out to buy another handgun, because after all do you really think the manufactures really care about you so much that you should be true to only one manufacture.
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 11:56:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Isn't this like preaching to the choir.
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 12:04:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I was blasted for saying the same thing to an HK fanatic; and I just needed some support from some non-fanatical people...
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 12:09:04 PM EDT
[#3]
It was wise of you to bring your argument to an unbiased forum.  Yes its true that the Glock is the better pistol dollar per dollar.  But if you buy an H&K you can always brag about how much you paid for it.....

-SS
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 12:12:44 PM EDT
[#4]
True, True , but that might just prove how dumb you really are; doesn't it?
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 5:25:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
But if you buy an H&K you can always brag about how much you paid for it.....

-SS

Hey, isn't that the 1911 Creedo?
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 1:22:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Allow me to cast dog poop in the punch bowl: I have owned a Glock 30 & just loved its accuracy & dependability.

Then I bought a H&K USP S/S 45C & reached nirvana. The H&K was the ONLY gun I had seen that would out-shoot the Glock in accuracy. I now shoot IDPA with it & have shot matches at my gun club & it has never once jammed on me.

Is a H&K better than a Glock? Maybe, maybe not, maybe not by much. But needless to say it's a tad bit more traditional than the Glock in feel & function, especially the trigger. Would I ever own another Glock again? Probably. Would I ever buy another H&K? I now have three.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 10:19:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Maybe it's just a regional thing, but out here in California, every one of the larger caliber  Glocks are only slightly cheaper than USP's.

So, given a comparable price, which would you buy? Glock 21 or HK USP .45?
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 11:18:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I carry a G-29. I compete with Para P-14, Walther P-99, and sometimes a Glock 31.
My point is this: There are many hand guns out there that perform well, but my Glocks feel comfy in my hands and they perform flawlessly.  My last HK sometimes jammed, and the grip bit into the side of my thumb. Glocks if chambered are always ready to fire. Can you say that with a HK? Not if the safety is on. In the dark can your wife operate a Glock if its chambered (assuming that she knows little about guns), you bet she can. Can you say that about an HK, mine couldn't (if the external safety was engaged. I'll stick with the Glock for personal defense!
Thank you very much for this forum!
Link Posted: 11/8/2001 1:06:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Well,...first let me say that I agree, Glocks ARE awesome firearms, and the next handgun I add to my collection will likely be a Glock.
But let me also state that I have yet to fire a handgun that I like better than my USP 45 (and yes, I have fired many) I did not pay any more for it than I would have payed for a comparable model Glock, and I have no problem putting all 10 rounds in the "X" at 25yrds....Oh, and it has NEVER had a FTF or FTE, even with shitball ammo (though I DO try to avoid the shitball stuff)......I guess what Im trying to say, is that I strongly feel that all serious shooters should own at least one Glock, at least one H&K, at least one SIG, a 1911, a Beretta, a Ruger Mark 1, and a Jennings 22.

Well, maybe not the Jennings,......But cant we all just get along ?!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top