Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2006 8:20:25 AM EDT
I picked up a set  and the front sight has no place for a screw nor did it come with a screw

some one told me that they have to be staked?

how and is there any one in the Hudson Valley NY that does this

john

[email protected]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:26:08 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I picked up a set  and the front sight has no place for a screw nor did it come with a screw

some one told me that they have to be staked?

how and is there any one in the Hudson Valley NY that does this

john

[email protected]

I can't remember who makes the tool for staking/restaking Glock factory front night sights.  You could just send them and the slide back to Glock for installation.  They probably wouldn't charge much.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:40:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Glock makes the tool.  

Online venders sell them for $35-40. I would hold out for the next GSSF in the area and have the factory armorer install them, that way hopefully they will warrantee them if you have a problem.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:27:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for all the help

the next show is in February so maybe i'll wait

what online venders sell the tool???

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:33:59 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
what online venders sell the tool???

I found that one at Lone Wolf item #GLO-ST3057
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:28:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I can get the Glock factory front sight crimping tool for $45 plus shipping directly from Glock. It takes a loooong time though.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:15:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd just sell the sight and buy one that screws on.  I've gone through 2 and am now on the 3rd on my 27 Back up gun.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:42:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd go the (hopefully) free GSSF route.  

I would spend $35 for a front night sight that screws on before I'd buy that staking tool.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top