Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2006 9:19:08 PM EDT
Which do you prefer, and why?

Which has the best trigger "feel"?

I've heard that the DAK has a super long trigger reset, does this bother you?

FWIW I carry a Glock because it's simple, durable, and reliable, but find that it doesn't fit my hand at all and I don't shoot it that well. I've owned a SIG and shot a couple USPs. I liked both of them better than Glocks except for the DA/SA action, which I despise. Thus the LEM/DAK.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:12:35 AM EDT
[#1]
No matter how you slice it, the LEM trigger is DA/SA.  It is just shorter and less intrusive.  I have both and prefer Safe Action over the USP LEM and Walther QA.  You'll just have to try them to see.  Try posting in your hometown forum and ask if  you can shoot someone's pistol that has it, maybe?

If you don't shoot well, it is time for some training; not a new pistol.

G

PS - Glock mags:  $19.95.  USP mags:  $55 (when you can find them)
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:10:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I prefer the Glock NY-1, which is a nominal 8-lb trigger.  Easy to control, provides rapid reset, less likely to break.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:49:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Well I have only shot the Glock and the HK and I prefer the Glock.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:44:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
No matter how you slice it, the LEM trigger is DA/SA.  It is just shorter and less intrusive.  I have both and prefer Safe Action over the USP LEM and Walther QA.  You'll just have to try them to see.  Try posting in your hometown forum and ask if  you can shoot someone's pistol that has it, maybe?

If you don't shoot well, it is time for some training; not a new pistol.

G

PS - Glock mags:  $19.95.  USP mags:  $55 (when you can find them)

USP mags for $25 ($22 if club member): www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?p=WX2&i=90151

Glock mags for $22 ($20 if club member): www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=213941

Enjoy!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:01:49 PM EDT
[#5]
OK, smarty pants.

HK FACTORY mags...

G
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:46:02 PM EDT
[#6]
    I have both a Glock 23, and my duty gun is an HK LEM.  I like both triggers.  As has been said before, the LEM is really a DA/SA with a lighter DA first shot once you learn to reset the trigger.  It is really a very good trigger and a very good gun.  The HK also fits my hand better, and I like the external hammer better then the Glock's internal striker.  Its just personal preference, but I like putting my thumb over that hammer when I holster to make sure it doesn't move.  Can't do that on a Glock...

All that being said, I like the Glock trigger better.  The Glock doesn't feel as good in my hand, and I don't shoot it much better then the LEM, but it is a shorter pull and I do tend to shoot it just a hair better.  I'm not a Glock fan, but I have to admit they usually work and they shoot ok.  

When I get to choose my gun I carry a Les Baer 1911.  That fits my hand and has a better trigger then any of them...

later,
AJ
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:08:57 PM EDT
[#7]
STG77 -

Man you sound a lot like me. I'm a big Glock fan but they do not fit my hand well either. I shoot them OK but I shoot other handguns better. Still for carry, I prefer and trust the Glock more then the others.

I also prefer a DAO type gun for "business" so I too started looking at other options. I think Sigs are great guns but I've not had much luck with them so I ruled the Sig\DAK's out pretty quickly. I started really looking hard at the HK P2000 LEM until I finally got my hands on one.

The P2000 felt great in my hand but that LEM trigger was another story. It is drastically different then anything I've used before. They mag release location on the HK's are another issue for me. They are designed for you to use your middle finger, instead of your thumb to release it. Neither of those things make it a bad pistol but it was easy for me to see that the HK would take a lot of training\practice for me to become as familiar\comfortible with it as I am my other handguns.

I looked at and considered other guns as well but to make a long story short, I realized that there is no perfect hand gun out there for me. Everything out there has at least one or more short comings for me and my needs\preferences. Once I acknowledged that, I quickly decided my time and money would be better spent becoming more proficient with my Glocks as I already have more time "invested" in them and they have already earned my complete trust.

Hopefully some day Glock will come out with a Gen4 frame that will incorporate replaceable grip inserts so that we can adapt the grip to better fit our hands. I have no doubt it will happen at some point considering that almost every other manufacturer of polymer framed handguns is already doing it. I'm just not holding my breath that it will happen anytime soon.

Good luck with your search
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:54:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top