Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2016 12:15:14 AM EDT
Hey Guys,

Headed to the shop to purchase a Glock 43 tomorrow and naturally I am going to want some more mags.  I am looking to pickup at least 4 more mags. Where is the best and cheapest place to pick these up online? Any help is appreciated. I will be picking up a few TTI base pads for some of the mags as well. Probably two +1's and two +2's

Take care,

-SS
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 12:26:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Brownells seems to have them at a decent price ($25).  Not sure if they still have them in stock though.  I think just about everyone on ARFCOM neckbearded them when they first went on sale.  I may or may  not have done it too..

http://www.brownells.com/magazines/handgun-magazines/magazines/model-43-magazines-prod78422.aspx
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 12:35:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply.. Have they always been $25? Was there a special sale when they first came out? Thanks again.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 12:44:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Gunmagwarehouse.com or Bud's
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 6:50:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I purchased a new G43 and installed ameriglo night sights and ghost edge connector. I have 4 mags all the number 1 mags. Two I left stock OEM6 rounders and one I put on taran tactical +2 base plate (with new spring provided) and the other strike industries EMP G43 +2 second gen base plate (with a spare brand new taran tactical spring).
With FMJ 115gr winchester white boxes everything performed flawlessly. G-43 shot great, sights were great and ghost edge worked well. I tried out Federal HST 124gr +P, Federal HST 147gr, Federal HST 147 +P and Speer 124 +P gold dots. They all performed flawlessly out of the OEM 6 rounders. The Federal HST 147 +P consistently shot the tighter groups while all were acceptable groups.
BUT in either of the +2 mag extensions I had consistent failure to feed with ALL the different self defense loads. Most failure to feeds were on the last 7th or 8th round.
So I replaced the stronger springs with the factory 6 round spring and +2 base pads and I had greater failures. Some were at the second round, some the fourth and some last seven or eighth. Just to make sure I used my other OEM 6 rounders and again all self defense loads functioned flawlessly.
For me I could only get the FMJ to perform with the +2 base pads. ALL of the self defense loads had failure to feed issues with the +2 base pads with either stock spring or taran tactical supplied spring.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 10:10:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the replies. I'll definitely run a few boxes through them all and see what performs best for carry.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 8:27:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I purchased a new G43 and installed ameriglo night sights and ghost edge connector. I have 4 mags all the number 1 mags. Two I left stock OEM6 rounders and one I put on taran tactical +2 base plate (with new spring provided) and the other strike industries EMP G43 +2 second gen base plate (with a spare brand new taran tactical spring).
With FMJ 115gr winchester white boxes everything performed flawlessly. G-43 shot great, sights were great and ghost edge worked well. I tried out Federal HST 124gr +P, Federal HST 147gr, Federal HST 147 +P and Speer 124 +P gold dots. They all performed flawlessly out of the OEM 6 rounders. The Federal HST 147 +P consistently shot the tighter groups while all were acceptable groups.
BUT in either of the +2 mag extensions I had consistent failure to feed with ALL the different self defense loads. Most failure to feeds were on the last 7th or 8th round.
So I replaced the stronger springs with the factory 6 round spring and +2 base pads and I had greater failures. Some were at the second round, some the fourth and some last seven or eighth. Just to make sure I used my other OEM 6 rounders and again all self defense loads functioned flawlessly.
For me I could only get the FMJ to perform with the +2 base pads. ALL of the self defense loads had failure to feed issues with the +2 base pads with either stock spring or taran tactical supplied spring.
View Quote

I seem to read similar things about the TTI +2 basepads. It's disappointing to say the least. I don't know why TTI hasn't addressed the issue which is obviously a design and/or manufacturing flaw. By contrast, it appears the +1 basepads are good to go.

I'm interested in the Vicker's +2 extensions. The price is right and they're pretty close to the factory pinky extension in look and size. Those come with a spring, too. Maybe someday Glock will release a factory +1 or +2 extension that works reliably. Until then, I guess we're forced to explore aftermarket options.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top