Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2013 2:12:18 PM EDT
I have a Gen 3 Glock 26 that has started to give me problems. Weak ejection, and inline stove pipes. I even had a case were the round fired but the brass stayed in the chamber.
This glock is stock except the sights and I have glock 17 non target trigger (ie the normal glock trigger). I have approximately 3,000 rounds through the gun. ammo is 115 gr FMJ Various brass cased UMC and PPU which have never caused failures before.

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 2:41:03 PM EDT
[#1]
What brand of ammo?  

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 3:29:58 PM EDT
[#2]
With 3000 rounds, I'd just replace the extractor and see if that fixes things.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:36:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Extractor?

Did you inspect it?  

Notice anything awry?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:53:14 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Extractor?  

View Quote

Did you inspect it?  

Notice anything awry?
I just detail stripped the upper and didn't notice anything weird. The lower looked good also but I didn't take it apart. I specifically looked at the ejector and extractor.

The only thing in this system I think could be bad is the mags but I don't see how they could cause this type of failure.

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:17:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Did you inspect it?  

Notice anything awry?

I just detail stripped the upper and didn't notice anything weird. The lower looked good also but I didn't take it apart. I specifically looked at the ejector and extractor.

The only thing in this system I think could be bad is the mags but I don't see how they could cause this type of failure.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Extractor?  
Did you inspect it?  

Notice anything awry?

You'd be surprised how much harmonics can effect a firearm.

I'd check the extractor closely. If not it, replace your recoil spring assembly and/or magazine springs. That should clear your problem up.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 7:10:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I am willing to put alot of the blame on the PPU ammo. I have seen it as very weak and will choke my Ruger P95. Maybe your G26 is exhibiting "luger Syndrome". That is where the ammo is not hot enough to cycle the action. Happens alot with European pistols.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 8:13:05 AM EDT
[#7]
I have over 1000 rds. in my Gen 4 19 with no failures.  The only time I've had Brass To Face was when using PPU 115 gr. ammo... It is pretty shitty.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top