Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2010 8:40:49 AM EDT
Anyone know anything about these? What are they worth? I am not selling, but found one that is for sale and it's tempting............the guy wants 400 bucks, which might be high for all I know
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:03:27 AM EDT
[#1]
They are just a regular Glock with an aftermarket coat of Duracoat on them.  I saw one in 2005 and it was something the distributer had done.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:06:20 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

They are just a regular Glock with an aftermarket coat of Duracoat on them.  I saw one in 2005 and it was something the distributer had done.

+1

They were popular surface treatments a few years ago but the decals wore off too easily.  The Glock in question is actually worth less than a stock one because of the non durable decal applied to it.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:47:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info............that helps immensely

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

They were popular surface treatments a few years ago but the decals wore off too easily.  The Glock in question is actually worth less than a stock one because of the non durable decal applied to it.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:16:23 PM EDT
[#4]
A couple years ago I had some D@#$ wad, gunshop know-it-all tried to tell me it was a limited run.  When I asked to break it down and compare the weight to a standard frame he back peddled saying "our shop doesn't allow that". At least he was gonna knock $25 off the $150 inflated price.  I haven't been back since.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:02:23 PM EDT
[#5]
These were a distributor exclusive a while back and not done by the Glock factory. It is a process using water and film which as others have said doesn't hold up well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top