Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2006 10:29:31 AM EDT
I'm just hoping to hear from anyone who uses a Glock 22 for concealed carry.   Once I get the permit I was planning on using my G23.  Only problem is that thing is just too lively for me.  I just can't get a sure hold on it.  I'm going to try the Pearce magazine extensions and if that doesn't help I thought maybe the G22 would be a better choice.  I wonder if it's too big for proper concealment?

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

Rob
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:37:40 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I'm just hoping to hear from anyone who uses a Glock 22 for concealed carry.   Once I get the permit I was planning on using my G23.  Only problem is that thing is just too lively for me.  I just can't get a sure hold on it.  I'm going to try the Pearce magazine extensions and if that doesn't help I thought maybe the G22 would be a better choice.  I wonder if it's too big for proper concealment?

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

Rob

Lotsa people carry the 22.

Whether it's too big or not depends on your body and method of carry.  Give it a try and see.

In my experience, most people can carry a full size auto IWB strong side with little difficulty.  I personally prefer mid-size (compact, whatever you want to call it) pistols over their full size equivalent.  I find they're more comfortable than full size as the slide doesn't stick down as far into my pants -- makes sitting for extended periods easier.  Also, I don't have to pull "up" quite as far to get my muzzle to clear the holster, if that makes sense -- faster, more comfortable draw.

A good friend of mine carries a g22 all day every day and has no complaints.  He read your post and told me to reply on his behalf

I carry a g23 and a USP compact myself.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:26:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Go for it.  I occasionaly carry a Glock 35.  Same frame but longer barrel.  I have a Comp-Tac CTAC IWB holster that works great.  Same holster for a Glock 26, 27, 19, 23, 22, 17, 35, 34, 17L or a 24.

Magoo
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:14:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Try a Hogue Handall grip on the G23.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:22:50 PM EDT
[#4]
The G-22 is great but just a little big when it warms up... Try practicing with your G-23 and overcoming the problem too.. Since you own it you may as well...!

I got my G-23 done by the guy at stippledgrip.com and the textured grip feels great and never wears out or moves around like the Hogue grips do....

Makes it look cool too...
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:44:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I do need more range time with the G23.  Got the Pearce grip extensions today and I'm off to shoot more tomorrow.  How much does that grip mod cost?

Thanks for the help.

Rob
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:05:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Just an update:

I got the Pearce grip extensions on and they seem to make a difference.  Took the G23 out shooting today and I'm getting a bit more comfortable with it.

Rob
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:12:44 AM EDT
[#7]
G22 in a COP 3-SLOT for me YEAR ROUND, Jethro!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top