Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2011 7:54:32 AM EDT
Was the Glock 22 the first pistol chambered in .40 S&W. I remember reading somewhere that it was, but while at the fun store today they said that a Smith & Wesson pistol was. This makes sense, however, I do remember hearing that the Glock 22 came out first. Does anyone know?
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:07:54 AM EDT
[#1]
The S&W 4006 comes to mind, but I may be wrong.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:11:00 AM EDT
[#2]
The .40 S&W cartridge debuted January 17, 1988 along with the new Smith & Wesson Model 4006 pistol, although it was several months before the pistols were available for purchase. Austrian manufacturer Glock Ges.m.b.H. beat Smith & Wesson to the dealer shelves in 1990, with pistols chambered in .40 S&W (the Glock 22 and 23) which were announced a week before the 4006.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.40_S%26W

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:19:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Alright thank you. It only makes sense that the inventor of the cartridge would make the first handgun for it. I don't know where I heard that the Glock came first, or if I ever even heard it. I make stuff up sometimes
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:57:06 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Alright thank you. It only makes sense that the inventor of the cartridge would make the first handgun for it. I don't know where I heard that the Glock came first, or if I ever even heard it. I make stuff up sometimes

Glock beat S&W to the store shelves according to that excerpt.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 6:00:19 PM EDT
[#5]
The Glock models 22 and 23 were the first pistols available chambered for the .40 Smith & Wesson cartridge in 1990.

S&W was Epic pissed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top