Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2005 7:52:31 AM EDT
Hey all. I was at the gunshow this am. There was a vendor with a glock 21 in a glass case for sale. I happened to look for the price tag and all it had was G-21 "?" Ser # B 0000. So  I asked the guy about  the "?" instead of a price,  and he said he didnt know what it was worth because of the serial #. That type of # did strike me as odd, but I am new to  Glocks. Is it just a random number  pattern or is there something to this????..........
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:37:23 AM EDT
[#1]
hmm?

Tag for further info.

Interesting.....
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:16:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Might want to check here and here.  

ETA incorrect link
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 11:38:50 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Hey all. I was at the gunshow this am. There was a vendor with a glock 21 in a glass case for sale. I happened to look for the price tag and all it had was G-21 "?" Ser # B 0000. So  I asked the guy about  the "?" instead of a price,  and he said he didnt know what it was worth because of the serial #. That type of # did strike me as odd, but I am new to  Glocks. Is it just a random number  pattern or is there something to this????..........

I'm confused; did the serial number on the gun show a "#" symbol or is that just want the guy had on the price tag?  If I understand you correctly the serial number he had written down on the price tag reads as follows: "#B0000" correct?

Did you actually get to look at the serial numbers on the G21 itself?  If so, did the one on the frame, slide and barrel all match?
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 11:46:36 AM EDT
[#4]
weird? usually 3 letters and 3 numbers with the exception of my 9/11 G21 it has USA1***
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 11:46:59 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm confused; did the serial number on the gun show a "#" symbol or is that just want the guy had on the price tag?  If I understand you correctly the serial number he had written down on the price tag reads as follows: "#B0000" correct?

Did you actually get to look at the serial numbers on the G21 itself?  If so, did the one on the frame, slide and barrel all match?

The "#" symbol was written on the card only. It was not stamped  on the gun.  The number as stamped on the bottom of the frame by the trigger guard was " B 0000"
I did not pick it up to check the numbers on the slide and barrel.
The printed card is what caught my attention first. The way the gun was laying in the case I was able to lean over and see the number on the frame. I didnt strike up too much of a  conversation with the seller to inquire about it. apparently he wasnt sure about it either.

ETA: sp
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 11:59:47 AM EDT
[#6]
So the number was not on the factory plate?  LE departments often times stamped an ID number on their weapons, has nothing to do with the actual serial number of the gun.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 12:08:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
So the number was not on the factory plate?  LE departments often times stamped an ID number on their weapons, has nothing to do with the actual serial number of the gun.

Sorry, I should have clarified that. The number was stamped on  the small metal plate on the frame like  any other.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 12:24:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The "#" symbol was written on the card only. It was not stamped  on the gun.  The number as stamped on the bottom of the frame by the trigger guard was " B 0000"
The printed card is what caught my attention first. The way the gun was laying in the case I was able to lean over and see the number on the frame. I didnt strike up too much of a  conversation with the seller to inquire about it. apparently he wasnt sure about it either.

Hummmm, that is weird. I wonder if the numbers on the slide and bbl match? Was it a Gen 1,2,or3?
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 12:39:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hummmm, that is weird. I wonder if the numbers on the slide and bbl match? Was it a Gen 1,2,or3?

Honestly, I dont remember. I know that it wasnt a 3  because there was no light rail
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 12:41:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Another possibility is that is was an Employee gun.  

I used to be freinds with one of the Glock key employees and every one of that employees pistols had a special prefixed specific serial number prefix to that employee and a four digit number.  "0000" would be the first pistol in that series
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top