Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2006 8:12:10 PM EDT
Alright, I'm finally ready to take the plunge into the world of Glock, and I decided it might be a good chance to explore this wonderful cartridge known as the 10mm, since Glock really is the only solid 10mm platform out there.

My question(s) for you guys is quite simple, and I apologize in advance- this looking at a 20 was kind of a last minute idea, and I'd like to get the info asap so I can get the ball rolling on this purchase...whats the best place to pick up a G20, whats the best practice ammo available, as well as defense loading, and where can I get mags for this thing?  Are they specific to the 10mm, or do other mags work alright?

Thanks for the help guys!

Scott
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:36:00 PM EDT
[#1]
welcome to the 10mm club

the best place to pick up a G20 online is probably the EE, gunbroker, and a few of the other online stores (check out sportingarms.com, etc), also, your local shop might have one for a good price

expect to pay ~$525+ for a NIB

best ammo:

probably the loads from Double Tap Ammo
i also prefer the Winchest Silvertip 175gr JHPs

mags: check in the EE or "kblagg" there for some mags; midwayusa is another good online source--they are running ~$18 apiece

they are specific mags--10mm only, double stacked that fit the G20(C) and G29; the .40sw mags are too short length wise and the .45acp mag lips are too wide

Other glock/10mm info
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:01:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice, thanks for the info- what do you practice with?  DT?
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:06:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I use Remington UMC that I get from Bass Pro for plinking at 14 dollars a box it not bad at all.  I go with double tap ammo for the defense round.  For mags go with what Alphaghost said.  The 10MM is fun and powerful you won't be disappointed.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 10:58:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I use Remington UMC that I get from Bass Pro for plinking at 14 dollars a box it not bad at all.  I go with double tap ammo for the defense round.  For mags go with what Alphaghost said.  The 10MM is fun and powerful you won't be disappointed.

Damn 14 is better than I thought, thanks for the heads up.

I was planning on paying atleast 16...

Scott
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 11:35:49 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

i usually practice w/ what i order in bulk online (wallyworld here dosent carry 10mm)--$17 for 50 CCIs and UMC, and sometimes DT, Win and Hornandy
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 1:40:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Try Georgia Arms or roll your own.   I don't shot my G20 much so when i do I usually just shot reloads.   Berry's 180gn plated or 180gn Gold Dots.  

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 1:46:37 PM EDT
[#7]
CDNN Investments for mags.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top