Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/27/2012 8:49:15 AM EDT
Did Glock change the barrels for the 20SF to offer more chamber support?  I thought the Lone Wolf barrels were supposed to have more chamber support but side-by-side (at first glance) they didn't look significantly different to me.

I'll post a picture when I get home if I can find the cable for my camera.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 10:18:13 AM EDT
[#1]
LW barrels are a gamble as to what you get, the newer 20s seem to have better support from the factory.
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 11:48:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I've never seen any other reports of LW barrels' being a gamble.  I shoot a G20 and did get a LW barrel, but only because I get more reloads out of my brass with the LW barrel.
Link Posted: 6/27/2012 12:05:04 PM EDT
[#3]
My LW 6" barrel is noticeably better than my stock G20sf barrel in regards to chamber support.

It's 3 years or so old.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 2:53:38 PM EDT
[#4]
get a Storm Lake barrel and never look back. I work on Glocks daily and none of the other brands of barrels that have come across my bench have as tight a chamber and case support as Storm Lake. try and gather up some of your buddys aftermarket barrels and measure/inspect them yourself, you'll see real quick the differences.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 9:46:34 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

LW barrels are a gamble as to what you get, the newer 20s seem to have better support from the factory.

That, my friend is total bullshit.
Quoted:

get a Storm Lake barrel and never look back. I work on Glocks daily and none of the other brands of barrels that have come across my bench have as tight a chamber and case support as Storm Lake. try and gather up some of your buddys aftermarket barrels and measure/inspect them yourself, you'll see real quick the differences.

Storm Lake had some issues a number of years back with a batch of barrels having the lug fail and they wouldn't stand behind their product.  That's why I can't recommend them personally.  As to a tighter chamber, too tight and you increase feeding issues.  Glocks are famous for feeding anything in large part because of their generous chambers so going smaller reduces that reliability.
My G20L's KKM 45-10MM conversion barrel came with a tight chamber that I initially had infrequent feeding issues with some of my milder 10mm loads.  That was cured by a bit of polishing on the feed ramp and chamber as well as breaking the edge of the chamber from 2-10 o'clock.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 10:30:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:

That, my friend is total bullshit.

Quoted:

Storm Lake had some issues a number of years back with a batch of barrels having the lug fail and they wouldn't stand behind their product.  That's why I can't recommend them personally.  As to a tighter chamber, too tight and you increase feeding issues.  Glocks are famous for feeding anything in large part because of their generous chambers so going smaller reduces that reliability.

My G20L's KKM 45-10MM conversion barrel came with a tight chamber that I initially had infrequent feeding issues with some of my milder 10mm loads.  That was cured by a bit of polishing on the feed ramp and chamber as well as breaking the edge of the chamber from 2-10 o'clock.

I was being conservative, I could have said all of the new LW barrels suck. Do not bother calling me friend. I have a NOS LW barrel that has great chamber support, but has been pretty rough beyond that. I haven't seen people get L W barrels that have decent support anymore, but they still have the super tight chambers and throats that make them not so fun.Couple that with the fact that the new20s have better support than the old ones, and there is little reason to get a lW barrel. Your welcome for kindly explaining why your rude, ignorant statement is in error.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 10:34:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Catfight!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 8:07:17 AM EDT
[#8]
I have 4 LWD barrels and ALL of them have required some chamber polish to get to feed properly since they were so tight, but other than that I can't say their QC sucks because it's been consistent.

Now if they would only actually get the G20L uppers in so I can build my long-slide I'l be happy.  Backorders have been pushing 5 months now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top