Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2006 9:12:44 PM EDT
Hey all I just got a glock 19 and put a hoge handall grip on it. This is my problem. A very tiny part of the rubber grip is hitting the mag release on the right hand side of the gun. I can still drop the mag out of it but I have to push just a little harder then I should have to. I can pull the grip down a little lower on the gun but if I do that then the rubber grip will allmost ( but not quite) be hanging over the bottom of the gun grip. Does anyone else have this problem? If so what did you do about it. I was thinking about letting it sit for a day and get all stiff and then try and readjust it and see what happens. If that dont work I thought about taking a razor knife to it and cutting just a little off of it so it dont touch the mag release. Anyway what would you guys do about it? BTW how do these things hold up do they slide around at all how good are they really. I like the feel of it because it makes the gun fit my hand better. Some told me to shoot it without the grip on it first and see how I like before I put the grip on it. But to me it is night and day difference the grip feels much better on than off of the gun.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:26:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:31:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I trimmed the Hogue in several places to fit my G19 like I wanted.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:21:14 AM EDT
[#3]

BTW how do these things hold up do they slide around at all how good are they really.

I've had a Hogue handall on my 2nd gen. G19 for about 10yrs now, and I don't recall it sliding around once.  It has stayed put well beyond my expectations.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:22:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Take your razor blade and start cutting where the rubber is the thinest at the bottom of the grip and keep cutting until you reach the top of the grip.  Peel it off your Glock and throw it in the trash.  That will keep it from sliding around on you.

It may be ok for casual shooting and such, but go through one weapon retention course and you'll take that thing off there before you can say baw wit a baw a dang a dang diggy.

I would not have one on my duty weapon at all.

Edited to say.... I had one on my G22 until I went to the academy, I don't hate them.  They just aren't safe for a duty weapon.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:00:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Grip tape
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top