Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2005 8:02:25 AM EDT
Are there any recommended upgrades for the 19? My friend has the 3.5 lb. trigger and we can't really tell the difference between my 5.5lb. and his. I'm just looking for worth while upgrades, not upgrades that I can brag about that aren't really an upgrade!
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 8:33:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd like to get a set of those tritium fire sights. Other than that, more ammo and more mags!
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 8:35:20 AM EDT
[#2]
No upgrades required, it's a Glock!

If it is a carry piece, a nice comfortable holster you are comfortable "on the draw" with.

Sights, if it will be carried at night.

Adj. sights, if you are target shooting 25-50 yards outdoors.

Ammo.  Lots and lots of ammo, and hi-caps to carry it.  

The only upgrade needed by a Glock is to the nut holding it!
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 8:36:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Trigger finger upgrade  Dry fire 5000 times for the right feel to the trigger pulling.

For target practice 3.5lbs trigger is good, but if you're going to conceal carry G19, lighter pull is really questionable and somewhat unsafe.  Night sights are recommended for carry piece, but not needed on a range shooter.

+1 on more practice ammo
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 8:44:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I have to agree with these guys; ammo should be your only upgrade

I'd even go as far as installing night sights but just shoot the damn thing, clean it every once in awhile, find a nice holster and practice, practice, practice.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 2:01:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I got ammo and three hi cap mags with the + 0 finger extensions, 33 round stick, and a M3 light. I plan on getting another 2 hi cap mags. I was just wondering if any of those after market parts were worth getting (3.5 trigger, Alun. Trig, rod, spring etc. etc.) or were just for I did this and this to my Glock for bragging rights but aren't any better than the factory parts.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 2:20:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a very early GLOCK 19 that I have carried everyday for years. The only improvements I have made are a polished 3.5lb Scherer connector, Meprolite night sights, and a Hogue grip sleeve. The Hogue helps most any pistol when shooting with one hand or with wet/sweaty/bloody hands.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 11:28:56 AM EDT
[#7]
My upgrades and Suggetions are Hogue grip,
Meprolight Night sights,
Extended slide stop,
slug plug to keep debris out,
and a tungsten guide rod to reduce muzzle flip.
I was going to install the 3.5 trigger and polih it, but after doing some research and talking to people the trigger I started to see a pattern of reliability issue. I would especially avoid it for carry, there isn't anything wrong with the 5'5's. Good luck and good shooting!
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 11:37:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Skateboard tape. That is all. Why mess with perfection?
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 1:55:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Ok thanks! I was going to get the Night Sight model when I bought my 19, but after being delayed for two weeks I spent some of the money and I ended up with the basic sight model for 500.00 I think the night sight model was 585.00. I was thinking about the Houge grip sleeve but as thin as it is, how comfortable can it be?
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 5:31:35 PM EDT
[#10]
IMHO, the only upgrade needed is to trash the plastic sights for a set of night sights. Other than that, nothing else is really needed, but may be desired. It's my opinion that the Glock is THE BEST out of the box handgun made, except for the sights, of course...
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 1:20:38 AM EDT
[#11]
19 upgrades.

Heine slant pro sights - only because the factory ones have been known to blow off (I did it and saw someone else do it)

Extended slide release if yours does not have it.  This is now a factory part byt he way.

I had Robbie Robar do grip reductions.  This is necessary only if you have problems with the factory grip.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 2:36:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 3:13:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 3:47:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Ok the sights I see evryone agree's on that. I wasn't really looking to upgrade anything, just was asking about the upgrades I see some of you have and if they were worth it or not. Thanks for all the input!
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 4:09:13 AM EDT
[#15]
I wont say get night sights, just get metal sights, I have seen the plastic ones wear off(after years of shooting and holstering though)

I love the glock night sights, think there a big inprovement, past that, ditto on mags and ammo, several mags(got 6 for mine) and as much ammo as you can afford.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 5:48:34 AM EDT
[#16]
You may already have metal sights on your Glock if you bought it new recently. The news ones are being sent out with metal sights.

I wouldn't get get hung up on the metal sight issue. My gen 2 G21 was built in Nov of 1994, has been repeatedly drawn from a holster, and still has the original plastic sights.

What I like about my Glocks is that they really need nothing. They just work all the time.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 8:52:55 PM EDT
[#17]
A set of night sights installed at Glock, if yours has night sights you don't  need anything else.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:05:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Ditto on night sights, but I also think a Stainless Steel or tungsten guide rod is a worthwhile upgrade as I have seen more than one of the plastic guide rods break.  The rod doesn't actually break in half, but the end that seats into the barrel has been known to chip.  I work in a local shop attatched to a range and I've seen in happen more than once...that said, we rent Glocks for 2 years and never even think of cleaning them and they run like champs.  Go Glock!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:24:02 AM EDT
[#19]
my upgrades heinie sights and ghetto grip. thats it. havent cleaned it in over a year now still runs like a champ.

meat
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:43:55 PM EDT
[#20]
To echo everyone else...night sights, mags, and tons of ammo!

I have added some skate tape to mine and have considered the extended slide stop.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:10:45 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I have to agree with these guys; ammo should be your only upgrade ht

+1
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:25:40 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm gunna upgrade mine with a KKF threaded barrel and a AAC Evolution 9 suppressor

Oh, and some taller sights and exstended slide release
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 1:53:48 PM EDT
[#23]
BTW I just got a used 2nd gen. 19, having owned a 17 before.  

The aforementioned Heinie straight-8 night sights are great.  

Agree that just shooting or safely dry-firing it a lot improves the trigger.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 2:02:34 PM EDT
[#24]
I bought a G19 (stock) a couple of years ago, bought a steel recoil spring guide, new spring, 3.5 lb. connector, and some Ameriglo night sights.

After shooting the gun about 1,000 rounds I realize that I should have probably kept it stock, sights and all.

Buy more mags and ammo are my mantra now.

My $ 0.02......
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:14:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Nice holster, more mags, taclite, and ammo.

Max
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top