Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/24/2014 3:13:49 PM EDT
Got my first Glock 19 FINALLY!
Rules I know

Complaints the guide rod had burs on the base of the rod which needed filing off otherwise it would bind up other than that only got 150 rounds through it.  

Now I wait for my Heinie sights (I hate the factory plastic crap sights), ext slide stop (my thumb has always interfered with the flat factory one, and the competition reset spring, smooth trigger (hate the ribbed one) and it will be good to go.
After owning a 34, 23Gen4, 27, 32, 37, 21SF, 30SF I felt it was time to get a 19 and add to the heard..... The M&P's were not happy about this though when it moved into the safe until I get my night sights and vet it a little more with some range time and carry ammo.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:48:20 PM EDT
[#1]
You had all those Glocks and never had a 19?   Oh lord!!

Great gun and I love the new mag release..
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:52:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You had all those Glocks and never had a 19?   Oh lord!!

Great gun and I love the new mag release..
View Quote

I know.... I know..... But I have it now that is all that matters!
I almost got one way back in the day and bought an HK P7 instead (addiction you only know when you buy one what it is like) I did this twice luckily no P7 was in the store when I went to buy the Glock.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 3:57:18 PM EDT
[#3]
G19 is the perfect handgun.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:04:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

34 is the perfect handgun the 19 is perfect to carry for me
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:46:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This man is a genius!  If I could only have one Glock, it would be a 19.  If I could only have two I'd add the 34.  But fortunately we still live in a free country so we can collect the whole set!
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:52:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This man is a genius!  If I could only have one Glock, it would be a 19.  If I could only have two I'd add the 34.  But fortunately we still live in a free country so we can collect the whole set!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I eventually want a 26 to replace my 27.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 4:16:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I popped a Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrel in my 27 and have tested it pretty extensively with various ammo including Ranger T that I use for carry in the 19.  My experience is that the conversion barrel is GTG in my 27 and I would not hesitate to carry it.  I'll eventually pick up a 26 if the price is right but I'm no longer jonesing for one since I've converted the 27.   I did on recommendations from others swap out the extractor and ejector for 9mm spec components and experienced no difference in function so I put it back to .40 spec

I also have a 9mm conversion barrel for a G35 and have had similar reliability however I haven't tested the converted G35 as extensively.  

Give one a try:  For about $100 it's cheaper than a whole new gun and it's more versatile a platform if later you wanted to try a .357 Sig barrel.  (.40, 9mm and .357 Sig. capable on the G27, a G26 only does 9mm).
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 4:22:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I popped a Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrel in my 27 and have tested it pretty extensively with various ammo including Ranger T that I use for carry in the 19.  My experience is that the conversion barrel is GTG in my 27 and I would not hesitate to carry it.  I'll eventually pick up a 26 if the price is right but I'm no longer jonesing for one since I've converted the 27.   I did on recommendations from others swap out the extractor and ejector for 9mm spec components and experienced no difference in function so I put it back to .40 spec

I also have a 9mm conversion barrel for a G35 and have had similar reliability however I haven't tested the converted G35 as extensively.  

Give one a try:  For about $100 it's cheaper than a whole new gun and it's more versatile a platform if later you wanted to try a .357 Sig barrel.  (.40, 9mm and .357 Sig. capable on the G27, a G26 only does 9mm).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I have thrown around the idea of the 9 conversion but the 26 is an excuse to buy another pistol.  I had the chance to get a Gen3 26 for 399 awhile back used but look new but I wanted a 19 more so I passed it up and now wish I had got it.  I have also done the 357 and 40 barrel thing in the 27 and 32.

Right now priority is to get the 19 setup like it like..... Night sights (Glock needs to learn the plastic ones SUCK), extended slide stop (hate the stock one my thumb also messes with it) and swap the trigger reset spring out to the competition version.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:54:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Best general purpose, one size fits all, pistol of all time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top