Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 1/1/2004 6:11:33 AM EDT
just curious of the pros and cons of each...

tia
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 6:15:05 AM EDT
Compensated pistols make a lot of flash in dark environments. They're louder too. Recoil is less obviously, but who needs recoil assistance with a 9mm?

I don't. I own a Glock 17 with a Streamlight M6 under the barrel. Perfect as is.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 6:19:20 AM EDT
Don't try shooting one from retention. You'll get a face full of hot gas and unburnt powder.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 4:51:01 PM EDT
thanks guys - i guess a face full of muzzle blast isnt such a good idea and not worth the tradeoff.....
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 4:52:17 PM EDT
I have a 19C as the house gun for my wife. Much louder at the indoor range, makes my fillings hurt if I don't close my mouth when shooting!

Flash is a function of powder, I have been able to get that down to a non issue.

I had to buy a regular barrel so I could use it in IDPA, no porting allowed. No real difference overall but it does work for really fast double taps, the slide does not even raise between shots.

If I ever get around to getting a 20 or 21 it will be a C for sure, then just the extra barrel like I did on the 19.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 2:21:23 PM EDT
thanks GTZ - i had no idea a compensated glock was not allowed in IDPA competitions. what kind of ammo do you use that limits the muzzle blast?
Top Top